𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥

chapter 13, she's reese carmichael

The girl hopped in the van as the Pogues watched her carefully.

"I don't know why I'm here either ask your leader," Reese said feeling their stares on her.

"Because you're Kook Queen." John B said. "You have power." Reese sent John a confusing look in the rearview mirror he avoided her eye contact. "Also you keep JJ in line," he said laughing. The girl's eyes met the other blonde whose face was flushed smiling softly at the ground.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it."John B said calming Pope's nerves.

"'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.'" Pope responded to John idiocy.

"Did you come up with that?" John asked looking back at the boy. Reese's eyes locked with JJ's as he sat rolling a blunt. One of Reese's guilty pleasures was smoking although she rarely partook in the activity due to the worry her parents would smell it on her. JJ smiled at the girl as he licked the paper enclosing the weed.

"For the road, Angel," JJ whispered handing the girl the drug. She hesitantly took the drug between her fingers putting it up to her nose as she soon realized that this was what JJ always smelled of and that brought her comfort, she tucked it away in her pocket as JJ smiled at the girl's excitement.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing," Pope said as Reese sat confused at how the smartest kid on Kildare ended up with these dumbasses.

"Oh." John B mumbled.

"So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?" Pope asked.

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked continuing to stare down at the second blunt he was rolling. Reese sat infatuated with how meticulous the boy was just watching his ring covered fingers rolling the weed into a confined space.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." Kiara spoke softly. Reese didn't know exactly what the Pogues were conversing about but she knew it had something to do with John B's father.

"Reality." John spoke confidently. Kiara looked back at the two boys giving them questionable looks but nodded gently at John.

"Virtual reality." JJ spoke putting the finished blunt in his mouth and opening his lighter.

"Keep the signal clear." Pope said pulling the drug out of his mouth, Reese let out a soft giggle as the boys continued to argue she hopped out the car heading over to Johns window with Kie.

"So all you have to do is distract." John spoke to the two of us. Reese nodded softly.

"Hey, don't worry. You got this." John said looking to the two of us.

"It's not me that I'm worried about." Kie said making eyes at the two boys still arguing the back. John shot Reese a look of 'keep JJ in line'. That's when Reese whistled catching the attention of JJ.

"Loverboy, keep it together." she said towards his direction. She couldn't see it but a soft blush fell over his face as Pope elbowed him in the side and John and Pope teased him.

"Oh, Loverboy." John said stroking the side of his face JJ slapped the two boys off of him as he walked ahead his eyes trained on Reese as she got into Kie's car.