Chapter 2: Chasing Adventure

The sun had risen over the greatly known Land of Lightning. The breeze had brought a chill to those who had been awake at the time, but felt refreshing to those who had been working.  In the middle of a small but sweet village, a humble house had been breathing out smoke from its small chimney.  From the inside, a proud mother had been making delicious food for her very own son to eat in the morning before his daily departure.

The green haired woman had been wearing a simple pink dress over lightly shaded yellow sleeves. She held her soup ladle in hand as she finished up the food she had been making. She called out, letting her voice reach her son, "Izuku! Food is ready when you're ready!"

The green haired boy had heard the voice of his mother calling out to him, and slowly opened his eyes.  He tiredly rubbed his eyes and tried his best to yawn away his sleepiness. He felt the warmth in his bed sheets, wanting to stay within them, for they felt like a comfortable marshmallow.  He snuggled deeper into his bed sheets, hoping to drift off to sleep again.

The worried mother made her way to the entrance of her son's bedroom. She knocked on the door once but no one had answered. She turned the knob and opened to the door, only to see the green head still asleep. "I-Izuku! Wake up! You'll be late for training with his majesty, King All Might!"

The young boy immediately threw his sheets off of him and tried to look as awake as possible, "ALL MIGHT!?  LATE!?  NO!!!"  He quickly jerked his head back and forth as fast as he could realizing what his mother had said.  He frantically searched for his clothes all around the room as fast as he could, not wanting to disappoint the king.

His mother, Inko, giggled a bit at her son's struggle. "Don't worry, Izuku. I was just trying to get you out of bed." She smiled at the boy and he let out a sigh of relief. "Food's done, so get dressed and come to eat with me when you're ready." She turned around and slowly closed the door on her way out.

The young boy sighed again as he saw his door get closed.  He headed back towards his bed and began to fix it up, making sure he didn't leave it looking like a mess when he came back. He grabbed his favorite garb, one that was handcrafted by his very own mother. He then took his sword in hand and attached it to his belt, putting on his gloves right after, and completed the look by adding on his favorite pair of red shoes, the ones he wore all day everyday.  Looking into his room's mirror, he patted his head a bit, looking at his curly hair.  He smiled and nodded, ready to start off the day.

Izuku left the room and closed the door behind him, walking with a smile toward the house's humble kitchen.  Inko greeted him, as he sat down on one of the table's chairs.  His mother had served them both, and in no time at all, they had been eating happily.

"So," the mother started to make conversation with her son, "Izuku, how's training going with All Might?"

"O-oh! It's going great! Today I'm supposed to go on my first Mission!" He smiled as he consumed another of spoonful of the soup. "All Might said that I should start off easy, so he'll give me a D-Rank Mission!"

Inko smiles as she put the pot away, "Izuku, I'm really proud of you, but be careful out there! I don't want you to get hurt. I know how you are with these things." She then looked at her son a bit worried while folding up a napkin.

Izuku had finished his bowl in no time at all, as his mother had excused him from the table.  "Don't worry, Mom!  I'll be fine!  Nothing can go wrong on a simple D-Rank mission!"  He smiled as he got his bag ready for training that day.

Inko gave her son a nervous smile as she nodded, "Alright Izuku, I'll see you as soon as your mission is done!  I love you!"

The green haired boy ran up to his mother and gave her a hug, right when he was done packing his bags and pouches.  "I love you too, Mom."