Fourteen - Ichika.

On the morning of the day, I thought I'd be nervous

On the morning of the day, I thought I'd be nervous. Usually, when something big was going to happen, I'd feel sick and dizzy but this particular morning I felt fine.

Like usual, I woke up, got ready and went to make breakfast before Akai came and greeted me.

"Good morning, Chihiro." He said. Every time he used my real name, I didn't fail to feel butterflies go crazy in my stomach.

But I simply smiled, replying softly, "Good morning, Akai. It's your special day."

"Our special day. I thought you'd be more nervous, in all honesty." He admitted, taking the mug of tea I'd set out for him and having a sip.

"Me too." I answered. "But... I don't know. You've helped, I guess."

"Me?"

"Yeah." I sat at the table, opposite to where he'd sat down. "I probably wouldn't be here as calmly if you didn't come and get me from Granny's."

"Well, I've been told I'm charming." He noted in a jokey tone and I rolled my eyes a little, sipping on my own tea.

We ate our first meal of the day, quiet for a few moments and then I realised I didn't even know what time we'd be performing the incantations.

"When're we doing it?" I asked suddenly and he glanced up to meet my eyes.

"Noon-ish. About three hours." He answered after a brief pause. I don't know why he paused but didn't think too much of it, nodding before I continued to eat.

He then spoke again and I looked up, realising he hadn't taken his eyes off of me. "You've got some special clothes for today. In the drawers of your room. And you'll, er, need to appear as a sorceress so I got you some of that red lip paint and the black pencil thing."

I smiled fondly, finishing my mouthful of food and then I spoke again, "Thanks." I was quite amused at how he spoke of the makeup but it was fair enough.

We were addressing it and yet, I still wasn't nervous. Not as I tidied away our plates and not as he received me the material I'd need for later.

I knew I'd have to cast a spell then offer a blessing that had been soaked in a potion I'd make in about an hour's time. Then... all being well, she'd be released.

The above sounded easy enough.

But I realised I hadn't planned for after. With her back, what'd happen to me? Would I stay in the Spirit world or go home?

After a few moments of doubtful thinking, I brushed my thoughts aside, deciding that only time could tell, really.

And then it hit about 10am so I worked on the potion alone whilst Akai went to tend to some business in the bathhouse. The potion was simple to make. Hair of unicorn's mane, poison ivy, moondew and finally, pure h2o.