Chapter 21

After our initial kissing, it's pretty difficult to stop ourselves from continuing to fall back into the kisses. We hang out in my room for a while, talking and laughing and surprisingly, not feeling awkward despite the fact that we've been occasionally making out every once in a while.

My phone begins to buzz and I pick up to Angelica telling me to come over to Alex's place as people talk in the background. I can hear Eliza burst into laughter, probably at something Alex said to her, and I turn to John, asking if he wants to go. He nods and we stand up to start getting ready.

"We'll be there soon. I'm still wearing my sweats, it'll be a little bit. I'll text you when we're on our way." I tell her before we hang up. John tells me he should probably change too, seeing as he was also in his clothes from yesterday and his shirt wasn't the cleanest since there was still some blood on it from the night before. I told him we could stop by his house so he could change if he wanted to.

He left my room so I could change, and I threw on a pair of black ripped jeans and a black leather belt, deciding on a slightly cropped yellow halter top and grabbing a jacket just in case Alex's was cold. I took down my bun and instead just wore my curly hair down, deciding that would be the least amount of work.

Not wanting to hold John up, I sat at my mirror for just long enough to put on some mascara and a little bit of concealer to hopefully cover the bags under my eyes just a bit. I slipped on some shoes and grabbed my phone before opening my bedroom door, ready to go to John's.

He told me that he had texted his mom that he was headed back for just a few minutes, and she told him that his dad was luckily gone, so he'd have no problem running in to change. Soon enough, we had arrived at his place and I waited for a few minutes while he changed. When he came downstairs, he had a big smile on his face and I quickly realized why. He had thrown on a pair of dark shorts and a bright yellow t-shirt. We were matching.

He called out a goodbye to his mom before we left, getting into his car since Alex lived quite a bit further away from us than we did from each other. We headed down the street with the windows down and the music cranked up, our voices blending together as we sang along to the music. I texted Angelica when we pulled into the parking lot of the apartments that we were here.

Before we got out of the car, John took my hand and our lips met once again for a long moment over the center console before we realized we should probably go up to everyone. He kept my hand in his as long as he could while we walked through the building, until we were at Alex's door.

They welcomed us inside loudly, offering up pizza and drinks and snacks pretty much as soon as we stepped inside. Now, our friend group is a lot like most other high school friends - we don't always necessarily make the best decisions. This was evident when I noticed the cans of alcohol sitting on the counter and all around the living room where everyone was sitting. Despite it being a Sunday, we had the next day off of school - wait a minute. Was this whole 'studying' thing just some cover-up to allow Angie and Eliza to both leave to have fun and make me and John stay at home by ourselves? It seemed suspicious. I didn't mind though.

My oh-so-innocent sister herself was sitting next to Alexander, taking the occasional sip out of a can that I couldn't read from this far away. And she claims she's sooooo innocent.

I didn't mind the fact that there were drinks here. My sisters, although underage, didn't refrain from responsibility having a little alcohol when my dad wasn't home. I never join them, I'm afraid of what I would say if I ever got drunk.

I noticed Hercules standing in the kitchen, getting some snacks, so I went to go help him, leaving John for a moment. He was talking to Laf and Angie anyway, so it was okay.