Chapter 1: A brilliant plan

It was a blissful afternoon at Obelia Empire.  The sun  shone brightly and  penetrated through the windows, where Athanasia and Lucas were sitting and having their own private tea party at one of the guest rooms. The warm rays painted over their glorious and ethereal faces.  Athanasia resembled fine goddess with her glowing platinum blonde hair and cerulean jeweled blue eyes, while Lucas  looked like a delicious snack as always.  It has been six months,  since Athanasia and Lucas shared a kiss in her bedroom upon the chiming of the midnight bells on her eighteenth birthday. Even though her father, Claude, has already acknowledged Lucas as Athanasia's future consort, she was still in denial that she was dating Lucas. Hence, one can argue that they are dating "unofficially" because of Athanasia's stubbornness to acknowledge her and Lucas as an "official" couple.  The picturesque couple were sitting across from each other and enjoying their leisure time drinking Lippe tea, while eating chocolate cookies.  Athanasia was happily munching on her chocolate chip cookie and stuffing the entire cookie in her mouth until Lucas stole a kiss from her. 

chu!  

Followed by the kiss, he bites off a huge chunk of her cookie from her mouth.

crunch

He licks his lips in a circular motion and doesn't leave a single crumb because he wouldn't want to waste the cookie that Athanasia ate. Besides,  that indirect kiss he shared with Athanasia made the cookie taste more scrumptious.

Athanasia acted out of self-defense and raised her hand to prepare herself to beat up Lucas. "What the f---, Lucas? Why did you steal that cookie from my mouth? Get your own, you jerk!"

Whack! Whack! Whack!

"Ow, owww, oww!"

"That's karma for you, Lucas. No one told you to stole my cookie!" Athanasia said sulkingly. Her eyes shot a menacing glare at him.

"I can't help it. It was the last cookie, plus your lips looked so delicious, " Lucas said nonchalantly.

"Arrrghh, Lucas!! What are you saying? How can you say such perverse things, you sicko bastard, pervert?!!"

Lucas was having fun dodging her punches until Lily stopped by the room and saw them fighting.

"Princess!" Lily shouted in an urgent manner. She waved her hands to get the princess to acknowledge her presence in the room.

Ten minutes ago,  Lily called her princess's name and made hand gestures, but it didn't work. Since the princess was too engulfed with bickering with that black-haired, ruby-eyed wizard, she simply decided to cough really loud to get both of their attention.

coughs, coughs

Athanasia turned around and saw Lily by the bedroom door staring at them. She felt embarrassed and stopped punching Lucas.

She begins cold sweating and wonders to herself, "Did Lily see Lucas kiss me? Ugh, I hope not. It's so humiliating! That jerk keeps kissing me without my permission. He is such a kissing freak!"

"Forgive me for intruding upon your presence, my princess, but you have mail from someone important to you. "

Lily blushed while she was speaking because she saw everything that happened from start to finish (e.g. Lucas kissing Athanasia), but didn't bring it up out of courtesy. She left the room shortly, once she handed over the letter to Athanasia.

Upon closer inspection of the letter, Athanasia recognized that the seal belonged to the  Ducal House of Alpheus. She squealed with delight when she figured out the sender. 

It must be Jennette. I miss her so dearly! I haven't see heard from her for a while, ever since my father banished them from Obelian Empire temporarily to reflect on Duke Alpheus's actions. I think their time is always up. I wonder what she wrote to me.