𝖔𝖓𝖊

𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚. Especially if you're by yourself in a run down area of the city, surrounded by people who could kill you at any second. Oh. And you're quirkless.

You could get mugged or attacked at any second without anything to defend yourself with.

So a normal, smart, rational person would not do this.

Rin is not that person.

Rin considered himself to be a safe person. Okay, a decently safe person. Okay so he wasn't safe at all, he once jumped out of a moving car for fuck's sake but the point is he's usually able to keep himself from getting into trouble with people or their quirks.

So, getting dragged into an alleyway to be mugged without a weapon on hand was a very big surprise. But then again, if it wasn't is it really a mugging?

The stranger's greasy hand covered Rin's mouth as he dragged Rin into an empty alleyway, pinning him against the wall. His breath wafted in Rin's face, poisoning Rin's nose with the smell of drugs, cigarettes, and what Rin really hoped wasn't shit. But in the city who can tell.

"Shut up kid, stop struggling." The man rasped, his crooked front teeth shining in the moonlight. Rin, realizing he did indeed not have a weapon and had the strength of an eleven year old child, went still, not wanting to get hurt. 

His mugger stood on his tiptoes to seem taller, something Rin noticed and tried not to laugh about, which the man wasn't considering they were roughly the same hight. 

A small giggle escaped Rin's mouth, the mugger getting anger. "What's so fucking funny kid?"

Rin shook his head, trying to suppress his smile to no avail. "N-Nothing. I promise."

The mugger, not believing, shook is head and growled. He threw his hand up near Rin's neck which turned to a knife instead in seconds. The cold blade chilled Rin's throat and he knew it was real.  

Rin put his hands up in surrender, trying to get as much space between them as possible, his shoes slipping against the loose dirt of the brick wall. "Hey, hey, hey. There's no need for violence just tell me what you want and I'll-holy shit you have a knife hand?" Rin gasped as he got a clear look at the not knife.

His mugger blinked, confused. "What?" 

Rin gasped, trying to look at the hand closer. "Dude I'm- that's like, really cool. Is it only one hand or can you do both? How does it happen? How sharp is it?"

"Shut the fuck up!" The mugger spat, pressing harder against Rin's throat to cut off his air and pushing him harder against the wall. Rin inwardly sighed and dropped his head. 

Stupid fucking quirks. 

In his opinion the world would be better off without them but maybe that was just him being biased.  

Rin gave a slow nod, trying to control his breathing without his mugger noticing. He blinked once, his annoyance dripping off of him in waves. "Oh. Right. Back to the mugging. What do you want from me?" 

The mugger thought for a second before jerking his head towards Rin's jacket pocket. "Give me your wallet and any other expensive things you've got on you." 

Rin sighed and shook his head while reaching down into his jacket. "Buddy, I'm walking around the city at night in a bad part of town. How expensive of things do you think I wear?"