END

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing, John B's name across the screen. I looked at the time, 3:07 AM. I groaned at the boy but reluctantly answered the phone. 

"What," I whispered into the phone, sliding out of Topper's arms as the boy stayed sleeping peacefully. I moved to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. 

"Harp, hey," John B said sleepily, "I'm going fishing with Ward. He said he'd like you to come," I was confused by the offer but shrugged it off. I'd interacted with the Cameron's before and Ward probably just wanted to see how I was doing now that I'm back. 

"Okay, now," I questioned the boy.

"We'll be at Topper's dock in ten," the boy told me before saying he'd see me soon and hung up. I quickly scrambled to put my clothing back on, attempting to not wake Topper. Despite my best efforts the boy groaned and rolled onto his back, looking at me as I put my shoes on. 

"Are you leaving," he asked me, his voice hoarse from sleep. I walked over to the bed, leaning against it before reaching over to place a soft kiss against his chapped lips. 

"I'm going fishing with Ward," I said, "I'll see you later." I stood from the bed and made my way towards the door. I stopped with my hand on the doorknob before turning around, running back to the bed to place another kiss on Topper's lips, "I love you so much," I whispered. 

"I love you," he replied sleepily as I slid out of his grip and out the door. I giggled as I heard him flop back down onto the bed. I ran out the back door of the Thornton house to see John B and Ward on the Druthers, I jogged down the dock and jumped onto the boat with John B's help before we moved up to where Ward was. 

"Are you ready," Ward asked us. John B and I nodded as we started out towards the open water. Ward and John B were talking about where we'd be going as I was pretty much just along for the ride.  Once we'd arrived at our destination, John B and Ward dropped their fishing lines and I made them drinks. I felt somewhat out of place as Ward hadn't really even addressed me. 

"Pour yourselves one," Ward told me after I'd made him a drink. John B and I both looked at him in confusion. 

"I know you're 16, okay? It's okay. It's just one drink," he told us, "we're out here in the ocean. These are almost international waters." I made myself a drink as the two males continued to discuss as I moved my way to the front of the boat. I was standing against the bow, just looking out into the ocean in front of me as I started to feel light-headed, I took another drink and started to feel worse. 

I moved back onto the boat and into the living space, I closed the door behind the bedroom that was attached to it before laying down in the bed. I slowly closed my eyes before everything went black. 

I woke up completely groggy of the entire day, it was now almost nightfall. I could see through the windows of wherever I was. I didn't recognize anything and quickly got off the bed before moving to the door. I wiggled the doorknob, but it was locked from the outside. 

I started to panic as I heard footsteps coming towards me and all of a sudden, my envelope slipped under the door. I had yet to open it as it had disappeared with the square groupers. I quickly picked it up off the ground, moving back to the bed before ripping it open. Inside was a letter and a photo of my parents and me. 

Harper, 

I hope you know how much we love you. How much we wanted to find the gold for you. So we could make sure you'd always be safe and you'd always be taken care of. But if you're getting this, we must've failed. Something probably happened to us and we need you to know a few things. 

1. We loved you more than you'd ever know. You were our everything. We miss you beyond belief. 

2. We need you to find Big John and his son, they'll keep you safe. Trust them and only them.

and 3. Do not, under any circumstances, trust Ward Cameron. Everything that happened to us was because of him. 

We love you Harper, never forget that. Be safe. 

Mom & Dad

an 

welp... that's the end. 

what do y'all think is gonna happen to Harper in season two (if there is one bc Netflix is a bitch and wont confirm)