in which fitz is an ass

I finally have another oneshot for everyone! I might make a part two for this, I'm not sure. The beginning is a little bit Sophitz (lemme tell you that was VERY hard to write) but overall it is Sokeefe. Onto the oneshot!

The song is Moral of the Story by Ashe (there may be some bad language in it, I think).

 Sophie sighed and checked the time, Fitz had said to meet him in front of Everglen at six-thirty for their date, and fifteen minutes later, he still hadn't appeared. She shivered slightly in the frigid winter air, wishing that she had thought to bring a thicker cape. Sophie still wasn't sure that she had made the right choice, getting back with Fitz. About two weeks earlier, Fitz had approached her before Telepathy, apologized profusely for how he acted about her being Unmatchable and explained that he was miserable without her, he needed her. Sophie found it almost funny that the boy she had fantasized about ever since she arrived in the Lost Cities had come practically begging for her forgiveness. Fitz promised he no longer cared about her matchmaking status, yet whenever it was brought up he quickly changed the subject. Sophie was very hesitant to be anything more than friends, but he looked so cute patiently awaiting her answer that she had to accept. She enjoyed being with Fitz, but sometimes it almost felt wrong, like something was missing. Fitz was always so kind, but sometimes Sophie felt like he cared more about his public image than them as a couple.

"Sophie! I am so sorry I'm late, I, uh, had to stop by Foxfire to grab something." Fitz gave her a nervous grin, and Sophie felt herself blush against her will. She noticed his hair was more rumpled than normal and his shirt looked slightly disheveled, but shoved any suspicious thoughts to that back of her mind. Fitz always was a good friend and caring boyfriend, he would never do anything to hurt her. Right?

"It's fine, you're here now. Where are we going?" Fitz had insisted on keeping the whereabouts of tonight's date a complete surprise, and Sophie had begrudgingly agreed. Surprises had never really been her thing, she preferred to be prepared. To answer her question, Fitz held up a cobalt blue leaping crystal.

"I'm taking you to the Forbidden Cities. A very special place in the Forbidden Cities." He flashed Sophie his signature movie star smile and took her hand. Together, the two stepped into the beam of light and glittered away.

Sophie gasped at the large building in front of them. The architecture wasn't as impressive as elven buildings, but the large cement arches and detailed trims were beautiful in their own way. But the charm wasn't why Sophie had gasped. Fitz had taken her to the very museum where they had first met four years ago. Sophie felt him watching for her reaction and beamed at him.

"It's perfect." Fitz seemed glad that she was happy, and tugged her hand to go inside.

The museum was relatively boring, but Fitz had enjoyed laughing at human's interpretations of dinosaurs, so Sophie faked interest as well as she could. After a couple hours of wandering to different exhibits, he suggested that they stop at a human restaurant for dinner. Sophie grinned and guided him to a small vegan bistro around the corner. Sophie ordered them both salads and veggie burgers, hoping the food there was decent, and took a seat in a booth. Fitz scooted slightly closer to her and wrapped his arm around her waist. Sophie felt her heart thumping loudly in her chest and looked up at him. The same gut feeling telling her something wasn't right thrummed in her stomach. Fitz smiled softly and leaned closer. She felt as if time had stopped. This was it. Fitz was going to kiss her. It was finally happening. Sophie knew she should be happy, but the gut feeling was growing too desperate to ignore. Right before Fitz's lips brushed hers, she turned her head and cleared her throat.