day 4

poland's pov

to my surprise, two new people were arguing in front of the pizzeria. one who was in an old, worn uniform that looked purple from it's age, and the other looked a year or two younger than me in an extremely bundled up outfit. the blue and yellow country hiccuped, wiping tears from his eyes. "germany, please. there has to have been some information of his death!" poor guy, must've lost someone. this is the guy repairing stipes' voicebox, though, right? good, that stutter was annoying anyways. "as i've told you and your father the past 17 years, i'm sorry, there's nothing. i'm sorry for your loss, but really kazakhstan, you need to accept the fact that it's a closed case. we don't have any leads, and the bodies of all four of the children involved were never found. there's no use trying to solve something that everybody in nearly 20 years has called impossible to solve." kazakhstan sobbed again, before turning around in seeing me. "ah." he wiped his tears. "i apologize you had to see that, sir. i'll be on my way." some part of me wants him to stay, for whatever reason. "what does losing someone have to do with this pizzeria?" i ask bluntly, hiding my face in my shirt in regret. you idiot! that's so insensitive! what the fuck is wrong with you!? at this point, i noted the fact that germany had gone inside. "you mean you haven't heard? 17 years ago four children, france, china, russia, and america, were caught in a fire and presumably died in it. no one has found a solid lead, nor their bodies since. russia was my brother, and he was one of the only things keeping us together. my sisters don't even care anymore, and my father passed away five years ago. i- shit, sorry, you probably don't want to hear my sob story." i titled my head. "why wouldn't i? that seems like a reasonable explanation for desperately wanting someone to solve the case. you think that if someone solved it, it'll bring your family back together a little, right?" he nodded. "i'm not much help with that, i'm just an employee here. name's poland, by the way." i stuck out my hand for him to shake, which he returned. "you probably heard, but the name's kaz! it nice speaking to you, poland. i hope to see you again sometime." i smiled warmly, feeling a longing for him to stay a bit longer. "if you ever need me for whatever reason, chances are i'll be here or at my other job down the block. the grocery store." kaz chuckled a bit, his smile just as bright as everything else about him. his wings fluttered behind him. "noted. well, i have to help my younger sister make dinner, so i've got to head back, but i'll definitely see you around some time. bye!" i waved slightly to him, finally allowing my cheeks to flush since i first saw him. oh, god.

- - - - - - -

time to gay. kaz is a v fun character to write and i love him he is my sunshine baby and i'd kill everyone in the western hemisphere and then myself before i let someone hurt him.
can you tell you my favorite character is yet?
-aut

504 words