chapter 1: Deep in thought

Suddenly taken away from his thoughts, Sheldon looked up from his desk as there was a knock at his office door.
"Hey buddy" Leonard pushed the door slightly open.
"Oh hello Leonard" Sheldon replied, confused as to why he was here.
"Me and the guys were wondering why you didn't come and join us at lunch?"
Beginning to look more puzzled Sheldon questioned him, "Lunch? Why would I have joined you for lunch it's only 11.15?"
There is a brief pause as Leonard waited for Sheldon to shout bazinga. But he didn't.
"It's 1.06 sheldon" Looking up at the clock hanging on the white wall Sheldon checked the time, "oh my! You were right". Something seemed off to Leonard, he was expecting Sheldon to freak out.
"Are you sure you're alright, you never loose track of time-"
"Well clearly not never! Now I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave me alone to focus on my important work!" He interrupted and turned away from his friend.
Leonard quietly left, originally questioning what might have been bothering him, but then remembering it's Sheldon so it could be anything.
- - - Later that day - - -
All the guys arrived at the comic book store after work. Stuart wasn't supprised as he had become very familiar with Shelson's timetable, meaning every Wednesday all of the guys would go to his store after work before then going to Leonard's apartment to play halo.
"Hey guys! Looking for anything in particular today?" Stuart greeted them warmly and went over to them.
"You got anything new in?" Howard eagerly asked, "Bernie upped my allowance so I am ready to shop!".
"Well I did just get in a limited edition star wars light up lightsabre, but other than that nothing new"
"I'll take it!" Howard was much like a child in some respects, buying the new toy straight away. But all of the boys were like that sometimes...
Well a lot of the time.
Leonard and Raj turned their heads to Sheldon who seemed yet again deep in thought as he stood by the window. They were shocked that he didn't interject his opinion or claim that he was going to get the lightsabre. But nothing.
Deciding to make the most of the peace Sheldon was giving them, the guys continued looking around the store and Howard spent all of his allowance very quickly.
Time was starting to move on and still Sheldon hadn't said a word. Raj broke the silence saying, "Maybe we should get going now if we want to be able to play halo before we all have to go?"
Leonard and Howard were quick to agree and still Sheldon said nothing. This was beginning to worry them, so Leonard tried again. "Sheldon, you ready to go?"
"Oh umm... yes I suppose I am" Sheldon said turning towards the door.
"Are you alright? You seem off." Howard questioned, he was genuinely concerned as while they all enjoyed quiet Sheldon, it just wasn't right for him not to constantly correct them or say random facts.
"Yes! I'm alright, please can you all stop asking me that!" Something was clearly wrong.

Heyyy! Thank you for reading this part, I hope it's alright I've never actually wrote a fanfiction before. But anyway, this will focus on Shamy's life after things go back to 'normal' after their nobel prize win. Sorry Amy wasn't in this chapter but she'll be in the next one! I'll try to update this as soon as I can x •