chapter fourteen.

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑭 𝑶 𝑼 𝑹 𝑻 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵
❝ RETROUVAILLE ❞

𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹  𝑭 𝑶 𝑼 𝑹 𝑻 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵❝ RETROUVAILLE ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 15/04/1912.
"you sunshine, you temptress."

𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐀 in the distance was like seeing a miracle. As our lifeboat approached, we could see crew members anxiously waiting by the door, ready to receive us.

My legs almost buckled underneath me as I climbed up the ladder. An overwhelming sense of relief flooded through me once I was on the stable deck. But I was still anxious and heavily worried, I couldn't bear to be on a ship again and I still thought that this thing was going to sink at any minute, even though everything was visibly okay with it. I hated the feeling of being on a ship again so soon.

I was led through the decks, my mind was in a haze and everything that went by was blurry. My only focus was to try and find my parents, I needed to find them. I couldn't be alone anymore.

I really wanted a hug.

I just really wanted to be told that everything was going to be alright.

"Tabitha?"

Oh.

I turned around at hearing my name, feeling my heartbeat pick up and across the deck was my mother. I could feel everything inside of me just collapse, all the things I had been keeping pent up crashed down onto me in an instant.

A sob left my lips as I hurried over, tears spilled out of my eyes and fell down my cheeks as soon as I felt my mother's arms encircle me. "Mum," I cried into her shoulder warm.

"Oh, god!" She gasped, relief evident in her tone as she squeezed me right, "Oh, my god. Tabitha, we thought you died!"

She pulled back slightly, her eyes scanning my body quickly and she took in my appearance. "What happened to you?!" She cried out, clearly seeing that I had gone through terror before getting on a lifeboat.

I shook my head, tears pooling in my eyes again when she asked. She sensed I didn't want to talk about it and nodded her head. Her hand cupped my cheek, her palm was warm and it sent the first feeling of comfort through my body. My bottom lip wobbled and my tears began to fall from my eyes again.

"Is Dad here?" I asked her, my voice still hoarse and on the verge of breaking.

My mother nodded her head and her hand moved to my hair, feeling the strands that were stuck together because of the freezing water. "Yes. He's with Gene."