𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞?

chapter 14, may i have this dance?

As JJ and Reese made their way back to the Twinkie the girls eyes were trained on the blonde. Whether his tears were real or not she could tell that he and her had a lot more in common than they thought.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie said hopping out of the brown van.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ said helping Reese out the car as the girl studied the place noticing a familiar truck.

"Uh, I'll be right back." she said looking towards the blonde as he watched her carefully. "You're fucking kidding?" She said now arriving at the truck.

"R-" Rafe started as he leaned out of the window.

"No, no stop fucking following me, it pisses me off and I'm so tired of you thinking that you're somehow in charge of me." Reese spat towards the boy.

"Reese" Rafe said his eyes darting around the girl. She looked across the seat to find a bag of white powder as she slowly realized the boy was high.

"Rafe, you shouldn't be driving." She spoke softly gauging the boys demeanor.

"I'm fine Reese, just get in the car I'm taking you home." He said smiling and patting the seat next to him.

"No Rafe I'm staying here" She said pulling away from the car.

"You are?" he asked his anger shining through. "Come home." he said sternly. "Baby."

"No no, Rafe." Reese said trying to distract herself she was happy and she didn't want to have to deal with the Kook like she'd done every time he was high. She'd help him detox and then he'd just start using again, and she couldn't take the mental warfare.

"Reese get in the fucking car." the boy yelled slamming his hand on the top of the steering wheel.

"Rafe please" she said walking up to the car and stroking his bicep. That's when the boy grabbed her face and smashed their lips together. At first Reese didn't react but soon enough she pushed the boys chest pulling away from him. "What the fuck!" Reese yelled.

"RC." Rafe said quietly regretting his movement.

"Angel?" JJ called out as Reese spun around looking towards the boy.

"Wow so you're fucking a dirty Pogue." Rafe spat towards Reese. Reese slowly turned toward JJ and ran to him wrapping her arms around his neck as he held her head.

"You're okay." he whispered pulling her into 'The Wreck'.

"Guess now is not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" Kie said as the two entered the restaurant JJ walking to the back of the restaurant where the rest of the Pogues sat. Reese stopped reminiscing on the memories that this place bought her.

"Look at them. They're greedy pelicans." Kiara's father said observing the Pogues childish behavior.

"So hungry." John B mumbled.

"I told you to stop hanging around them." Kie's dad said.

"Well, everybody at the Kook Academy hates me, Dad" Kiara spat back.

"Cause you never gave them a chance."  he dad responded quickly.

"I did give them a chance.They got stuck up. They care more about shoes than surfing.What am I supposed to do with that? These are my friends. And if it makes you feel any better Reese is with us." Kiara explained.

"I'll be dammed." he said as Reese made her way over to the man as he enveloped her into a hug.

"Mr.C" Reese said softly.

"Well, I... I got... I gotta throw it out." Kie's dad said giving into giving her he Pogues and Reese food.

"Thank you!" Kie shouted excitedly hugging her father.

"You're welcome."  He said sending Reese a wink. The two girls walked over to the boys laughing at their stupidity.

Kiara brought out some drinks for the group of friends as JJ listened to the music rocking his body calmly. Eventually Kiara brought out food for each of the Pogues as well as some fries for Reese. The boys shoved the food down their mouth acting like they hadn't eaten in months the blonde girl sat disgusted at their boyish nature.

"What?" JJ asked finding her disgusted stare.

"You're a pig." she said as the boy rolled his eyes. He threw a fry towards her as it landed in her lap she retaliated with another fry throwing it towards him as he caught it in his mouth. At that point Kiara had stood up as she pointed to John causing him to stand up and joined the girl closely dancing with one another.

"Hey Angel." JJ said.

"Yes Loverboy." she responded a smile falling over her face.

"May I have this dance?" he asked in a british accent, standing up and holding out his hand.

"Yessir." she said giggling and standing up. The boy carefully wrapped his hands around her waist as they swayed together to the beat. The girl hands fell at the base of his neck their faces only inches apart.

"Reese." JJ said softly.

"J." she said her face still inches away from his. Her eyes fluttered meeting the Maybank boys blue ones. He grabbed at the side of her face slowly pulling her lips closer to his.

"My turn" Kiara said pulling the girl away from the Maybank boy. As the two girls danced together Reese's eyes never left JJ's and his eyes never left hers.

________________


(922)

hello
okay.
goodbye.

i love you.
and i wanna hug
you all.