Intro

Friday afternoon and straight from work, me and Demi have arrived at Liverpool Airport. We are heading away for the weekend in Ireland to join in with the festivities of the Matchmaking Festival.

This all came about whilst Demi was having one of her moments in work where she gets bored and starts looking online for an excuse to go travelling or spend her wages in some way or another. She was in a travelling mood on this day and she must've remembered me telling her one drunk night two months back that I wanted to go to Ireland. That was it. She was adamant to book the flights the first chance she had.

So here we are, waiting for our flight to be called.

"This is the best! Me and you on the road to get you some Irish eyecandy!" Demi squeals, taking me into her arms and giving me a light squeeze, "I'll have to tear them all off you!"

"Now that I doubt very much!" I reply, chuckling.

"Look at you, Steve Earle didn't write a song about you for nothing!"

I roll my eyes and move my attention onto the board, checking to see where ours is in the list.

Why am I nervous?

It's just going to be a weekend of dancing, drinking and happy memories. And if I'm lucky, I might meet someone I fancy... before leaving Sunday morning. Phew. What are we in for?