Chapter 2

I was hanging off the couch with my long hair brushing the floor when I heard the front door open. Immediately I ran to the door, excited to see my oldest brother.

"Whoa hold your horses baby." A voice that could only belong to one person said. Ethan. He reeked of nicotine and axe. I loved that smell.

"You're not Mason." I said as I turned away ready to go hang upside down on the couch.

Ethan stopped me from running away from him and lifted me up onto his hip. "Aw Lottie, do you not like me? My heart is breaking" he cried dramatically. I just rolled my eyes and gave him a big hug. He sat down on the couch with me and asked what movie we were watching for movie night.

"Can we watch Beauty and The Beast? Pleeeaasssseeeee it's my favorite movie!!" I pleaded

"Haha no way hun. I'm not watching another princess movie. It's hurting my manly image."

Rolling my eyes at that I got up to go to my room to do some boring old homework.

~~~

As I was finishing up my math homework my door quietly opened. And in an instant I knew who it was. Mason. I jumped into his arms with a big smile on my face. There is nothing better than the feeling of being in your oldest brother's arms.

"Now what's this I hear about you not eating lunch and stealing phones?" Mason asked sternly. " I know my little girl would never do such a thing."

" Everyone else has a phone, why can't I. I'm in 7th grade almost 8th. I need one!" I whine. I'm not trying to sound entitled right now but a group of girls that I've wanted to be friends with for a while asked for my phone number so they could text me. I didn't have a phone number to give and now I am starting to think that they will think I'm weird and not want to be friends with me anymore.

"Baby, your 10 years old. You don't need a phone. I understand that everyone else has one but you don't need to be like everyone else. Your brothers and I will still love you just the same."

"I don't want to be different from everyone else. I want to fit in though. Plus Jace doesn't even like me anyways." I complain once again.

He sits me down on my bed, still on his lap and wipes a tear from under my eyes. " Don't cry Char, He loves you so so much babe, we all do. I hope you know that. I'm sorry but you will get a phone when I think you need a phone."

I groan and roll away so I'm turned away from him. I'm just going to ignore them until I make them feel bad. He sighed and stood up while saying " Dinner's ready."

"I'm not hungry"  he just laughs at that.

" Nice try baby but you didn't eat lunch or most of breakfast. So get your short ass down before I make you go down there."  I get up at that. I'm definitely not getting carried down to dinner like a baby in front of everyone. That's just embarrassing.

"Fine"

I get off my bed slowly and start walking downstairs towards the kitchen table. When I get there everyone is already seated at the table and are waiting for us.

"Finally" Jace says, rolling his eyes.

I take the only free seat between Mason and Noah.