Chapter 7

Feeling the light from outside hit my face I get up. I forgot to close the binds before my nap and now I can't just sleep the day away like I wanted. Checking my iPod I see that it's 3:30 in the afternoon, I was hoping it was at least 4. Sometimes I just wake up in the mood to be a brat and today is one of those days. I put on a pair of socks and slip on my really soft giraffe onesie becuase for some reason its like 50 degrees in the house when we have a heater that works perfectly fine.

Soundlessly slipping the chair from under the door handle, I tiptoe down the hall and stop in front of Jace and Ethan's room. It really should be Jace and I sharing a room but since I'm the only girl in the house Mason thought that I needed privacy. Ethan was not to happy a few years ago when he found out that he would have to give up his room and move into Jace and I's.

Slowly I crack open the door and peek inside. All I can see is the top of Jace's head from his gaming chair that is facing away from me. He has his headphones on and is talking to someone through the mic, probably geeking out together about the game. For a big popular football player you would think he would be less of a dork. Maybe that's just how all teenage boys are.

Leaving the door slightly cracked open I run down the stairs and fill up a glass of water.

"Hey Charlie, how was your workout?" Mason asks from behind me which makes me jump and spill a bit of water on the floor.

"Umm it was good" I say nervously, trying not to look suspicious.  Mason walks over to me and start wiping up the floor with a paper towel and gives me a weird look.

"You ok Char?"

"Yeah just thirsty. Bye!" I shout while running up the stairs out of his prying gaze. Stopping at Jace's door, I tiptoe to him and dump the water on the front of him making sure not to get his computer or head set wet. As soon as I spilled the water I sprinted towards the door screaming like any little sister would. Jace was to quick to react though.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" He screams at me catching the hood of my onesie and dragging me towards him. Struggling to hide my giggles I glance up at his face and see imaginary steam coming out of his ears. Not being able to hold it in any longer I burst out laughing which just makes him even more mad. About to blow is too off, Jace easily picks me by my waist and throws me over is shoulder.

"Nooo!! Let me down please. I didn't mean to laugh." I cry out from over his shoulder still giggling a little bit.

"It's your turn to get wet now baby." He says walking towards his bathroom. He slides open the curtains and takes me off his shoulder and easily holds me under the shower head. I start fighting me trying to get out of his hold when I realize what's about to happen. He is way stronger than me and I'm losing the fight.

"Don't do this, I promise I won't ever bother you again. Please Jace." I plead as his hand reaches for the handle. My pleas don't work and I'm drenched with cold shower water. He holds me under the shower long enough so that I am completely soaked and my oversized onesie is sticking to itself and me. However he does grab my hand that is hurt and holds it out of the water so the cast doesn't get wet. I guess that was kind of thoughtful of him.

"Now say I'm your favorite brother and that you won't go in my room again." Jace smirks, looking down at my small shivering figure. Instantly I say repeat what he wants and he lets me go.

" Jerk!" I shout at him as I get out of the shower and start to walk away from him.  He grins at me showing his perfect teeth and follows me out the door.

"It was just payback Charlie. Don't be such a baby about it." Ugh I hate when people say that to me. Ignoring him I walk towards my room slam the door shut behind me.

"Slam that door one more time and it's coming off!" Yelled Mason from downstairs.

Rolling my eyes I pick out some grey Nike sweatpants and one of the shirts I cropped for a change of clothes and brushed my hair. Thinking about it now I kind of deserved what Jace did to me... I mean I poured water on him out of nowhere. I wonder what Ethan would do if I pranked him. He would probably react even worse than Jace with his 'bad boy' image ruined by his little sister. What should I do to him?

I get up and run down the stairs to find Mason's iPad so that I can search up ideas but before I can jump off the last two steps a large arm wraps around my waist. Looking up with my feet dangling a foot off the floor I see Mason glaring down at me. Jeez what did I do now?

"I told you not to run down the stairs Char. Don't you remember what happed last time?" How could I forget, I was in a cast for two months. Not waiting for a reply he continues, " Did you have lunch?" Mason asks turning me around in his arms so that I can wrap my legs and arms around him like a kola bear.

"No." I mumble.

"Of course you didn't" Mason sighs and starts walking towards the kitchen and sets me down in one of the breakfast bar chairs. " Do you want a sandwich?" He asks me already going to open up the fridge.

"Sure, but can I use your iPad?" I ask politely.

"I guess, it's in my room." Mason mumbles, not really paying attention to me anymore and focusing on making the sandwich. I run down the hall and slam open his door and immediately I see his iPad laying on his nightstand. Not being able to wait I grab it and jump on his bed. I searched up "really good pranks" on google and millions of suggestions popped up. But one really caught my eye. It was the putting hair dye in the shampoo bottle prank. I think I'm gonna do that one.

"Lunch!" Mason yells, interrupting my thoughts. Grudgingly I get up from my very comfortable spot and walk down the hall to the kitchen and start eating my sandwich.

        ~~~

It's about 7:30 now and I just finished putting pink hair dye in Ethan's shampoo bottle. Giggling to myself I walk down the stairs slowly and peak around the corner to see Noah already looking at me from the couch.

"What are you sneaking around for you little weirdo." He laughs at me. I walk over to him and plop myself in his lap as all the other seats are taken by the rest of my brothers. He groans a bit but tighens his arms around me as lean into his chest.

"No reason." I say giggling.