5

"W-wifey?"

Win did not know what to do. He just held the phone by his hand and said nothing.

Bright, realizing who the caller is, snatched the phone away from Win's grip. He declined the call and faced the man in front of him who is now absentmindedly staring at the car floor.

"I can explain," Bright started.

"I know. I know you have an explanation. You better have. Because if," Win staggered. "If you did all this to me, if you appeared before me again while you already have someone, I don't know anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do."

Bright felt the tension from Win's shaky voice. And he can't help but feel a small pinch of joy. Win still loves him. Therefore, Bright's desire to be with him again has escalated to another level.

"She's my colleague. Her name is Wendy. She likes to call herself Wifey and I don't understand why. She's also the one who changed her caller ID," Bright explained.

Win felt relieved.

"Okay, I believe you," Win said.

"So, shall we continue?"

"Go home."

"What?"

"I need to go back to Pipe now."

Bright, although hesitant, obeyed. He went home. Win then went to take care of his son.

Three days later, Pipe was discharged. During that span of time, Bright and Win were inseparable. They both went to the hospital, had dinner together, and made up for the past years that they did not see each other.

"Where do you want to go after this? Wanna go guy some toys?" Win asked his son while they were walking out of the hospital.

"Nah, I want to go home and have lunch with you," Pipe replied.

"Okay. What do you want to eat so I can tell Mrs. Nam?" Win asked, referring to their housekeeper slash cook.

Pipe said he wanted to eat fried chicken. Win suggested more vegetables but it only resulted to an almost-tantrum from his son.

When they arrived at the lobby, Win was shocked to see a familiar figure sitting casually on one of the seats.

Loose pants, dye-colored shirt, and Converse shoes.

His style never changed. If anyone who doesn't know him sees Bright, they wouldn't even know he is already at his forties. He still looks insanely handsome, even with those fine lines in is forehead. He oozes with charisma that nurses and patients alike turn their heads when they pass by him.

"Look, Dad! Mr. Bright!" Pipe exclaimed.

In a short span of 3 days, Bright was able to get close with Win's son. He always brought him food and toys and played with him while his father is off at work. Bright basically became Pipe's babysitter for a short time.

Pipe ran towards the man who welcomed him happily. Bright carried the little boy and twirled him around, making him giggle.

"Missed me, handsome prince?"

"Yes! Do you have some candies with you?"

"Wait, you gave him candies?" Win was quick to follow his child and heard what they were saying.

"Yes, shouldn't I?" Bright asked innocently.

"Of course, you shouldn't. Those are not healthy. I am trying so hard to feed him vegetables, you know," Win retorted.