Chapter 14: betrayl

They had found most of the Horcruxes at this point. They all managed to sneak their way back into Hogwarts, thanks to one of Harry's friends. Everyone was devising a plan, but all Emma could think about was Draco. She wondered if she was ever going to see him again.

"No. I don't want to see him again. Why would I? He's a death eater. Their entire belief is that mudbloods are the scum of the earth"

Emma looked down at the carving in her arm. "He assisted in this", she thought, "but... he also seemed upset that he had to". Emma shook her head and focused on the mission.

The death eaters had advanced on Hogwarts. Emma looked out to see hundreds of them trying to take down the shield that had been put around the school. She had still seen no sign of Draco.

She split apart from the team and tried to find Draco. Or at least a quiet place to think. That's difficult to find during a war. But she wasn't looking for Draco because she wanted to see him. She was looking for answers. She needed to know the type of person he really is.

Emma walked around the halls, fighting off death eaters. She thought she found a clear and quiet place, but then heard someone coming towards her. Emma turned, only to find Draco and one of his friends frantically running in her direction.

"Draco?", Emma called out.

Draco finally reached Emma and, without exchanging words, he collapsed into her arms, sobbing.

Emma was taken aback but allowed it to happen. She looked over at his friend who was bent over and gasping for air.

"Draco, what's going on?" Emma finally asked. Draco pulled away and wiped his tears.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy to see you alive", Draco said.

"What? Did you think I was dead? And what happened to you?" Emma asked. She noticed the marks all over him and ashes on his face.

"I ran into Harry and his crew- there was a fire and- but anyways, you weren't there, so I just thought- maybe..." Draco looked down, "I'm sorry Emma".

"For what?"

"For letting that happen to you", Draco gestured to her arm with the "mudblood" imprint on it. "I promise that I'm not a death eater"

"Really?", Emma looked at Draco, who was still looking down. "Because your family really seems to trust your faith"

"Yes, i was a death eater like them", Draco looked up, "I was raised to think pure bloods were superior, but then I met you"

"You didn't even know I was a mudblood when we met"

"But I didn't care. I wasn't thinking about wether or not you were pure blooded, I just liked you for you", Draco explained, "and after you told me... I realized that my views were wrong" Draco grabbed Emma's hands. "And if I could get away from my family, I would"

Emma thought about what Draco was saying.

"I want to be with you again, Emma", Draco said. "I've never been happier than when I was with you. I don't care that you have muggle parents, I just care about you"

Emma felt a year toll down her face. She couldn't decide how she felt about this but the feelings were so overwhelming. Draco placed his hands on the sides of her face and wiped her tears away.

Emma paused and looked into Draco's eyes. She could see how genuine he was and honestly felt bad for him.

"I missed you", Emma said softly before pulling him into a kiss. Draco hadn't even noticed that his friend left, all he could focus on was this moment.

The war raged on. Bodies were lining the halls from both sides. Draco and Emma had made it out to the front where people were starting to gather. They looked out and saw Voldemort and his army approaching and Hagrid with them. Emma looked closely and saw that someone was in Hagrids arms.
"Harry", Draco whispered.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Was announced. Voldemort went on about how he was now in charge. Draco grabbed Emma's hand and held on tightly.

Voldemort asked for people to join his side. Nobody moved.

"Draco", someone hissed from across the court. Emma looked and saw that it was Draco's father. She looked up at Draco who's face was now filled with sorrow.
"Draco", his mother now called.
"Don't. Please", Emma pleaded. Draco looked at Emma.
"I'm sorry. You know I have to".
"Come", his mother called one last time.  Draco's hand slowly let go of Emma's.

Emma watched as Draco stepped forward and walked towards the death eaters. Once he made it over to his parents, he refused to look in Emma's direction.

Harry Potter rolled out of Hagrids arms, revealing himself to be alive. Many death eaters began to vanish. Emma looked around for Draco and she watched as he ran away with his mother and father.

Emma stood there, watching him leave. Hoping that he would turn around and see her. But he never did.