Chapter 19: not-so-happily ever after

"Good morning!" Draco smiled as Emma emerged from the bedroom. "Did you sleep well?"

"I actually did", Emma rubbed her eyes as she sat down at the table. "Why are you so peppy this morning?"

"Because it is a lovely day here with you and away from my parents". He cheered. "I made breakfast!", Draco placed a plate in front of her. Emma looked down at the omelette.

"I'm a little surprised", Emma said.

"At what?"

"That you can cook"

Draco tilted his head.

"Sorry", Emma shook her head, "I just assumed that you grew up with everything handed to you"

"That's not entirely wrong", Draco sat down across from her with his own plate. "I never really made my own meals, but sometimes I would help out mother in the kitchen. Omelettes and pasta are really all I can do"

"Anything's better than the cold leftovers at Hogwarts", Emma took a bite of the omelette. "I noticed you're wearing your new clothes"

She looked at his button up loose shirt under his new leather jacket.

"Yeah, I quite like this new look"

They finished eating and Emma took a shower. She got dressed in a crop top, flannel, and jeans. She went with darker tones to match Draco's aesthetic.

"So what should we do today?" Emma asked Draco, who was sprawled on the bed.

"I say we walk around the town. We might be here for a while so it will be good to know the place". He sat up.

"Alright then", Emma grabbed her wand and tucked it in her boot before they walked out the door.

Emma and Draco walked down the street and admired the buildings. Emma would occasionally glance at Draco and smile at his outfit.

"Never thought I would see Draco Malfoy walking around town in a leather jacket and some ripped jeans"

Draco suddenly stopped.

"What is it?" Emma looked around.

Draco pointed one front of them. "Those people over stand out a bit, don't you think?"

Emma looked forward and saw 3 people walking in their direction, wearing robes.

"Wizards", Emma whispered.

"Death eaters", Draco turned around and they quickly walked away.

"How did they find us?" Emma asked.

"My parents are powerful. They know people", Draco kept looking behind them.

"Draco, Draco", Emma tapped his arm. Draco looked forward and saw more people in robes.

"Shoot", Draco looked around for an escape.

"That's him", Emma heard one of the death eaters whisper to the other. Suddenly, the two wizards started running in their direction.

"Run!" Emma took Draco's hand and ran in the opposite direction. She looked ahead and saw the three wizards from before also heading towards them.

"Where do we go?" Emma frantically scanned the area.

"Here", Draco pulled Emma across the street and into an alleyway.

Draco helped Emma onto a chain fence. The group of wizards was nearing.

"Hurry!" Emma put her hand out for Draco to climb.

"Stupify!" One of the wizards shouted. Draco was knocked down to the ground.

"Draco!" Emma pulled out her wand. "Expelli-"

"Stupify!" Was shouted again and Emma went down.