STEP 3 - ATTEND AWKWARD DINNERS

" YOU" he said begrudgingly pointing finger at me
I and Rhea just stood there quietly exchanging glances occasionally none of us willing to say anything
" Neelu " his mother warned
That made me chuckle involuntarily , I mean isn't neelu quite funny for a boy like him who knows nothing but how to be pissed off at all times .A low growl made me sober up and look up to his face .

 " What are you doing here , huh ?" He sneered at me . 

I knew one thing for sure that ,the innocent face and I'm -so - angelic demeanor always helps to get out of these kind of situations , it always worked for me except in front of my mother of course.
" Neel, this is not the way you speak to your guests , where did you sell your manners , apologize"

yay a free apology even though the mistake is mine , I already like this lady . I turned toward Rhea and subtly smirked at her she just shook her head discreetly saying this was wrong , this idiot , I shrugged and turned towards Neelu his eyes cast down with a frown on his face as if he realised lashing out his anger in front of elders was wrong .he opened his mouth to say the magical words that I was waiting to hear but my mom bet him to it.

 " come on Kavya ,he is just a kid and I'm sure my daughter must have done something to anger him he is a good child " 

she turned towards me " MAYA what did you do beta ( child ) " my eyes widened , what was I supposed to say ,' oh nothing mother you know I went out today saw this mongrel so I gave him a nice bath with beverages and not to forget which he bought with his own money ' . To my rescue neel's mother spoke.

 " come on food is getting cold , we should have the dinner , whatever it is the children will sort out on their own ,better not butt in " she said and laughed hearteely .

 We complied with her request and and started the dinner the elders were talking about the neighbourhood , and some other stuff while I and Rhea were busy stuffing our faces not caring what others would think ,food is all that matters right now . But I had another task at hand and that was ' block this idiots death glares ' after stuffed ng up till our necks I released a satisfied sigh with smile . Rhea completed her meal too we had no work now so I checked my phone for any notifications .I had no friends right now to chat to because of the homeschooling idea my father implemented for last 2 years . all my friends were scattered in different countries as I told you we shifted very often because of me and Rhea , and the security problems

 * sigh* 

my mom called out to us and said " can you go get the sweets and deserts I placed in the kitchen , I forgot to bring it with me please " 

there were sweets at home and no one told me , anyways " Yes mom, are you coming Rhea " I said . 

" Sure " was her curt reply . We smiled and left the dining area 

" Whoo that was close , imagine mom knowing what we did at the cafe " I said as soon as we left their sight .

 She laughed " his expression was funny though , I never expected them to be related , the lady is so sweet and he ... Is a sour puss " she made a face while describing him .

 She just cursed ,I laughed and she joined too . When we entered our home , I asked her this question which was bugging me all along

 " don't you think there's something they all are hiding , I mean they are acting all too familiar , who do you think she is ?" Rhea sighed

 " mai , papa tells everything to us , doesn't he , after that incident didn't we all decide that no secrets will be kept . Now come to think of it if there was something they are not telling , it must be unimportant . Besides we need to get the sweets "