STEP 4 - MAKE SOME FRENIMIES

"come on cheeku , I'll show you my new car " he said with so much excitement in his eyes, I nodded and walked along with him . " I am not allowed to play with it yet because it is a surprise,but I am a detective I know everything." He said cheekily . He took my small hand in his and stared running towards leela's room .

" But neelu sneaking into your parents' room is wrong ,leela will be mad at us " I say 

" Shh cheeku we are detectives ,we can enter any room . And I'm older one you should listen to me . Okay? " He asked I nodded and followed him into the room . We sneaked into the room and he started searching for the car . There was a knock on the door which caught our attention we both looked at eachother
"Quickly hide , come here" he whispered urgently.

"But didn't you say we were detectives and we could do whatever we want"

" Yes but we should hide because no one should know we are detectives" he reasoned and pulled me into the nearest corner available ,under the bed . We both slipped under the bed holding our breaths .

Just then the burst open and , all I could hear was the voices of two adults in a heated argument . The lady was pleading with a wavering voice as if she was crying .

" Please don't do this ,this will affect him forever . I don't know if you even treat him as your son ,but I love him so much and I won't let any harm come to him as long as I am alive. Please don't do this " she was crying .

The man's voice was so low I could barely make out what he was saying .
" Then die"
after a moment of silence there was a scream . I cowered in fear beside neelu he too looked terrified but covered it up and placed a hand on my back
There was thud and we saw leela's lifeless body fall onto the ground . slowly her face turned towards us ,and all I could do was stare at her ,tears seeping out of her eyes slowly travelling to her cheeks and finally falling on the ground . There was a small smile on her face as she saw neelu ,she kept staring at him and I kept staring at her lifeless body the blood was flowing out everywhere under her body , I was so terrified of what I just saw that I couldn't think of anything .I was so scared of moving from my place . Neelu just kept staring at his mother with blank face . That's when I heard hurried footsteps in into the room .i don't know what happened to the person who hurt leela . 
"Leela!!!!" A voice screamed . I know that voice she is my mother .I slowly called out for her
" Mamma"
" Oh my god " my mom said and reached for us and pulled us out of the bed ,Neelu still didn't say anything just kept staring at Leela
" Neel ,Neel.....Neel " my parents were shaking him furiously ,still no reply
"NEEL!!"

I woke up in cold sweat to see Rhea passed out on my bed . I climbed out of my bed carefully trying not wake her up . I went to kitchen to drink water .
On my way back I could hear hushed voices of my parents . I being curious , obviously snooped on them .
" The house looks just the same , nothing really changed "
" I'm glad she still decided to let the decors be the same , can you believe it was our first project together " my mom said
Now it all made sense to me , it looked familiar to them because it was their first project together . But why would they want to keep a secret .
There I go again overthinking things. I don't want any other thought on my mind keeping me awake . I shook it off and went to my room to get some sleep which I really think is impossible cause the damage was already done the thought was already implanted in my head. But at least I try to sleep. I push this donkey careful not to wake her up and sleep in the space provided by the grace of Haider , can't believe this is a king size bed .