Chapter 4 - Letter

"Well I suggest we get you some clothes that aren't so.. elvish." You said getting up. He frowned a little and you continued. "It just isn't too usual to dress that formally. I think I have some clothes that could fit you stored somewhere.. I'll be right back." And soon you were running down the stairs with your keys. You got to the huge storage room that was shared by everyone in the apartment building. You walked next to a shelf and reached for a box. You took it down. It had the word 'Dad' written on the top of it with a black marker. You started digging threw the stuff in the box and found a white t-shirt with Queen's logo on it, dark blue jeans and a pair of shoes. You closed the box and put it back on one of the shelf. You noticed a letter drop on the floor and you picked it up. It must have gotten stuck under the box. It had your name on it. You stuffed it in your pocket and walked out from the storage room and closed the door behind you. You made your way up the stairs and into your apartment. 

You yelled a "Honey I'm home." Before entering the living room. Lily was sitting on the couch next to Elrond who was examining the remote. "I got you some clothes." You set the pile on the table and Elrond started looking threw them. "Are these yours? Or did they belong to someone close to you? They look too... Large for you." "They belonged to my dad. He sadly died in a fire many years ago." You noticed a hint of sadness in your own voice but tried to hide it. "I am really sorry, Lady (Y/n)." You let out a quiet sigh. "It's alright. There is nothing you could have done." An uncomfortable silence fell between the two of you. Then you asked. "Could you try those on, please?" You hinted at the clothes. Elrond looked at the clothes and then at you. He nodded and took the small pile of clothes. He disappeared into another room. 

You took the letter from your pocket and examined it. It looked formal. Lily laid down on your lap and yawned. Soon enough Elrond walked out. You stuffed the letter back in your pocket and looked at him. "Um. Your zipper is open." "I tried to close it.." He mumbled slightly embarrassed. "Let me help you." You gently set Lily on the couch and walked over to help him. He looked away, probably embarrassed. "There." You looked at him in the outfit. The jeans were kinda big and they needed a belt. The shoes fit well and the t-shirt was little big but it looked sort of trendy that way. "Looks great." You smiled. "Where can I put my clothes?  And my sword?" He asked lifting the pile of clothes and a sword in a sheath. "Wait, you have a sword with you!?" You looked at the sword wide eyed. "I didn't realize it was such a big deal." He looked down at his sword and then at you. "How did I miss that?" You asked mainly from yourself.

You looked at it. "May I?" Elrond nodded and you picked up the sword and removed the sheath slightly to reveal a glimpse of the sword inside. It was nothing like any other real sword you had ever seen. You felt the cold metal with your finger. It was super sharp. You pulled the sheath back on and set the sword back on top of his clothes. "I think we need to figure out how we are going to sleep tonight. But first you can put your stuff in my room. Its the room over there. The door on the right. Or.. I'll just come with you." Elrond nodded. You walked to your room with him. You realized too late that you hadn't cleaned up your room and you once again blushed in embarrassment. Elrond didn't seem to mind. "Should I set these on this table? Or do you think it would be wiser to put them elsewhere?" He asked looking at you. "Just set them on the table." You turned around and walked to the kitchen to cook some dinner. 

About 45 minutes later of Elrond exploring your apartment and you cooking, it was time to eat. You had went real simple cause you had thought you were going to eat alone. And you had prepared some mac and cheese. You set down two plates and forks and knifes. Elrond walked in the kitchen and right next to the dining table. "You can already sit down and start eating.. I'll feed Lily." "Alright." Elrond started examining his food right away. You took a bowl that you had filled with meat and walked to the living room. You gave the bowl to the hungry ferret. She started eating right away like usually.

(I don't know if  elf's are just vegetarians or full on vegans.. So if they are full on vegans i'm sorry Elrond, but ur going to use milk, eggs etc.)

You returned to the kitchen and noticed that Elrond hadn't touched his food. "I decided to wait for you." He smiled slightly. You smiled back. "Thank you." You sat down on the other side and started eating. Elrond repeated after you and he didn't seem to mind the food. It most certainly wasn't one that he had had at Rivendell. But was he really from Rivendell? Was he really a half elf? Was he who he claimed to be? You were for some reason trusting him. But it wasn't possible of him to be a character from a freaking book! The sword could have been an old one that belonged to his ancestor. Or was this a dream? Maybe..