Chapter Thirteen: Ring, Ring, Ring, Baby!

My due date was only two days away when Maverick and I finalized the merger.  Surprisingly, my dad wasn't that against it.  The day we finalized the merger was also the day we finished the nursery.

The theme was a nice grey color, so it would work whether the baby was a boy or a girl.  It took way more than it should've to convince Maverick that, despite his strong belief the baby was a girl, we needed to pick a neutral color.  I still believed it was a boy, but I wasn't a big fan of having a blue room in the penthouse.

Maverick insisted that we stay in my room or on the couch since the due date was arriving.  That's why we were sitting on the couch together watching The Office.  More specifically, the episode "Goodbye, Michael."  And that's why I was sobbing on the couch with Maverick's arms around me.

He rubbed my arms soothingly.

"It's alright, Darling," he said as I sobbed.

"Stupi-id pre-pregnancy ho-hormo-mones," I stammered, wiping the tears from my cheeks.  He pressed his lips to my temple, his hands settling on top of mine, which were on my stomach. "May-maybe we shou-should do somethi-ing else."

"We could talk about names," he suggested.  I smiled and nodded for him to start suggesting names. "What do you want to name our baby girl?"

I gave him a look before thinking about it for a moment.

"Scarlett?" I suggested.  He gave me an unsure look. "Peyton?" The same unsure look. "Angela?"

"I don't know," he said. "How about Elizabeth?" I thought about it for a moment before shaking my head. "Victoria?" I sighed.

"This isn't going well," I commented.  He shook his head, agreeing with me. "Maybe we should talk about boy names."

He smirked.

"I guess we could entertain that fantasy," he commented.  I rolled my eyes at him.

"What about Andrew?" I asked.  He shrugged. "Christopher?" He shook his head.

"What do you think about Warren?" he asked.  I thought about that for a moment before smiling.

"I actually do like that name," I admitted.  He smiled and kissed me sweetly.

"Now back to the realistic brainstorming process," he said.  I rolled my eyes at him and gently smacked his arm.

"I can't wait for you to be wrong," I said.

"Not- gonna- happen," he said between kisses on my cheek.  I shook my head with a smile. "Maria?"

I shook my head.

"Penelope?"

I shook my head again.

He opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted, "This isn't working, Honey."

"You've found a nickname before me?" he complained, hugging me to his chest.  I kissed him, smiling.

"Let's go to bed," I suggested.  He nodded, and I stood up, waddling back to our bedroom.  I changed out of my t-shirt and leggings into a pair of shorts and a tank top before climbing into bed beside Maverick.

  I changed out of my t-shirt and leggings into a pair of shorts and a tank top before climbing into bed beside Maverick