(1.13) The One With The Boobies

"Do you guys want anything else?" Rachel asked.
We were all sat aimlessly in the coffee house.
"Oh, yes, can I have -" Chandler started but Rachel abruptly cut his sentence off.
"Sorry, we're all out of those."

I frowned. "Have we missed something?"
"She's just still upset because I saw her boobies." Chandler explained.

Ross' eyes immediately widened and he stuttered as he began to speak. "What were you doing seeing her boobies?"
"It was an accident." Chandler defended. "It's not like I was across the street with a telescope and a box of doughnuts."

Thankfully for Rachel who was asking for the subject to be changed, the attention turned to Joey who walked in the coffee house with his father in tow.
They both grinned as they walked towards us.

"Hey, how long are you in the city?" Ross questioned Joey's father.
"Only for a couple of days. I've got a job midtown. I figured it's better to stay with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on a ferry." He answered.
Joey's father had the same charm and confidence that our Joey had.
"There's not much room there with Roxie there now though." Monica pointed out.
Joey shrugged. "Well, I'm going to sleep in with Chandler and my dad can have my room."

I quickly became conscious of Joey's fathers eyes on me, studying me.
"Oh, so is this Roxie?" He grinned.
I nodded. "Yeah, hi."
Joey's father grinned his confident smile again. "It's really nice to meet you, Roxie. Joey has told me an awful lot about you." He said, lightly smacking Joey on the back as he spoke.
I watched as Joey's face changed into an anxious expression.
"Only good things, I hope." I maintained eye contact with Joey and smiled.
"Definitely only good stuff." Mr Tribbiani assured me, before adding, "you're as beautiful as he's told me, too."
I felt a pinkness rise in my cheeks and I unintentionally smiled from ear to ear, keeping the eye contact with Joey. "Is that so?"
Joey rolled his eyes but I could see a slight smirk on his face.

***

I was stood at the counter in the apartment smiling to myself as I listened to Mr. Tribbiani coo affectionately on the phone.
Joey strolled out of the bedroom and grabbed the phone, "let me say 'hi'."
I watched as his father tried to protest as Joey started talking.
"Listen, ma, I've made the appointment with Dr Bozita and -"
Joey quickly frowned before turning back to his father. "Did you know this isn't ma?"
Joey Sr nodded in admittance and my eyes widened. "I'm, uh, just going to be at the coffee house." I excused myself.
I shot Joey a reassuring smile before giving them space.

***

When I arrived back, Joey was sat alone on the already pulled out sofa bed with a sad expression.
"Hey." I greeted him with a sympathetic look.
"Hey, Rox."
"Is everyone asleep?" I asked.
"My dad is. Chandler's across the hall still."
"Did you not want to go out and hang out with everyone?"
Joey shook his head. "Not really."
"Are you okay, Joe?" I asked, concerned.
He shrugged. "I guess. I think I could do with watching a movie with you, though."
I smiled widely at him. "I'm good with that."

I sat back on the sofa bed beside Joey after we'd put Die Hard on as per his request.
"So, what happened?" I asked. I didn't want to pry, but if Joey needed someone to talk to about it, I was here.
Joey took a deep breath before explaining. "My dad thinks he's in love with two people. Ma and this Ronnie woman. I don't know. It doesn't seem right to me. How could he do this to Ma?"
I sighed. "I'm sorry, Joe. That really sucks." I put my arm around his broad shoulders and pulled him towards me. "It'll be fine."

***

It was the following evening and Joey, Chandler and I were heading out of Monica's apartment and back to our own.
"Oh, look, it's the woman we ordered." Chandler said sarcastically.
I looked at the woman who was sat on the floor leaning on our apartment door.

"Can we help you?" Joey asked her.
"No, thank you. I'm just waiting for Joey Tribbiani." She told us.
I frowned as Joey spoke again. "I'm Joey Tribbiani."
"Oh, no, not you." She beamed as she jumped up. "Big Joey. Oh, my God. You're so much cuter than your baby photos!"
It was at this point that the three of us realised that this woman was the 'other woman' and I watched Joey's face drop.

***

Ronnie had been explaining to my brother the different positions that she stuffs dogs in after they die and he was not shockingly taking an interest.
A few feet away, I stood awkwardly by a tense Joey who was clearly eagerly anticipating his fathers arrival.

"Hey babe!" Mr Tribbiani greeted the woman as he entered the apartment and I watched Joey's face cringe.

The five of us stood spotted around the apartment silently.
Joey had positioned himself near the door with an angry expression on his face.
"So, who's up for a big game of kerplunk?" My brother tried to cut the tension.
I immediately scowled at him.

"Look, I shouldn't have come, I'll get going." Ronnie rushed, grabbing her bag. "I don't want to miss the last train."
Joey Sr shook his head. "I don't want you taking that thing this late. We'll go to a hotel."
Ronnie shrugged. "We'll go to a hotel." She agreed.

As they were about to walk out the door, Joey grabbed the door knob so they couldn't use it. "No, you won't." He told them. "If you go to a hotel, you're going to be doing stuff. I want you right here where I can keep an eye on you."
"Wow, he's strict." Ronnie said.
"Dad, you can stay in my room. Ronnie, you can stay in Chandlers room." Joey decided.
I frowned. "How's that going to work?"
Chandler stood up from his spot on the couch. "Don't worry, I'll just bunk at Ross'."
Joey nodded. "Thanks. Great. And I'll just stay on the sofabed with Rox."
"Okay, but don't even think about touching my sister." Chandler warned him as he gathered a handful of clothes.
"I can't promise."
My brother spun around quickly. "Joey!" He scolded.
Joey threw his hands in the air. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

***

Joey's father and his mistress had retreated to their separate bedrooms and the pair of us were lying side by side on the sofabed.
Joey shuffled and kicked for a good minute before I loudly groaned. "Oi, kicky. What's your problem?"
"I just can't get comfortable. I can't sleep in my underwear." Joey complained.
"Well, you're going to." I snapped back.

Joey looked at me with a sigh. "Rox?"
"Yes, Joe?"
"The past few days have made me worry that this'll be what my life ends up like. Like my dad."
"What do you mean?" I wondered.
"Finally getting married and lying to my wife and cheating and... I don't know. I just don't want to be him." Joey rambled, clearly distressed with the situation.
I put my hand on top of his. "I don't think you'll be like him, Joe."
"You don't? I mean, you usually think the worst of me anyway." Joey pointed out.
I chuckled aloud. "I just don't think you're ready for that kind of commitment yet. But that doesn't mean I think you'll never be." I assured him.
Joey seemed deep in thought for a few seconds. "Sometimes I think I'm ready now." He admitted.
"You do?" I almost scoffed. "You don't seem it."
"Well, sometimes I do." He defended. "Do you not think I could be?"
I shook my head. "Not yet."
Joey looked disappointed in my answer. "Okay," was all he replied.
I rolled over and closed my eyes. "Now keep your hands to yourself while we sleep, okay?"

A/N: this story is getting barely any feedback or votes and it's setting me back a bit as that's what motivates me:(

I'm going to focus on my other stories more for the time being.

Next chapter 31st July (2 weeks).