(1.16/1.17) The One With The Two Parts

A/N: And both parts are in one chapter. Enjoy!

Chandler and Joey walked in together to join the rest of the gang in our usual spot at Central Perk.
"Hey, Pheebs! Guess who we saw today?" Joey urged.
"Oh, fun!" Phoebe exclaimed. "Liam Neeson? Morley Safer? The woman cuts my hair?!"
I sat forward and sighed. "This could be a really long game." I pointed out.
My brother nodded in agreement and cut the game short. "Your sister, Ursula."
"Oh." Phoebe slumped back, visibly disappointed.
"She works at that place..." Chandler started, straining his memory.
"Riffs. Yeah, I know." Phoebe finished the sentence for him, still blunt and uninterested.
"Do you two not get on?" I questioned her.

Phoebe went on to explain how her and her twin sister had never got on, and described briefly how much of an 'awful' person she was.
Phoebe sighed as she finished ranting and look to Joey and Chandler again. "So, was she fat?"
Joey smirked. "Not from where I was standing."
I rolled my eyes, but Phoebe hadn't lost hope as she turned to Chandler. "What about from where you were standing?"

***

I was sat on the couch in Monica's apartment when I noticed Joey enter with a smile on his face.
I was curious to the cause behind the grin so I leant backwards and focused in on his conversation with my brother.
"She is so hot!" I heard Joey say and I rolled my eyes again.
"Well, before you do anything Joey like... you might want to run it past Phoebe." My brother whispered in a low voice.

And then before I knew it, Joey was stood behind Phoebe who sat a couch cushion away from me.
"Pheebs, would it be okay if I asked out your sister?" Joey asked her.
Phoebe spun around with a confused expression on her face. "Why would you want to do that?"
Joey responded with an equally confused look. "Well, so if we went on a date, she'd be there."
"Well, I'm not my sister's biggest fan. And, I mean... we were one egg once, but we've, uh, grown apart. So, I don't know. I mean, why not?" Phoebe rambled. It was unconvincing that she felt comfortable with the situation unfolding in front of us.
I didn't know if I was either.

***

Chandler, Monica and Rachel were sat at the small table in Monica's kitchen knitting while Phoebe and I sat on the couch, my legs draped over hers.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

Chandler, Monica and Rachel all moved in unison to avoid messing up the knitting and answered the door to our grumpy neighbour, Mr Heckles.
"You're doing it again." He snapped.
"Doing what?" Monica questioned.
"I can hear you... through the ceiling. My cats don't like it." Mr Heckles frowned.
After a small debate between Rachel and him about whether he was lying about having cats, Monica slowly began to shut the door. "Goodbye, Mr Heckles."
"We'll try to keep it down!" I called from the sofa.

Joey entered the apartment ten seconds after Heckles had thankfully left, and headed directly towards Phoebe with a large brown bag.
He pulled out a box. "Phoebe, can you do me a favour? Can you try this on? I want to make sure it fits." He pulled a cardigan out of the box and gestured it to Phoebe.
"My first birthday present!" She exclaimed, excitedly.
"No, no, no. It's for Ursula. I just figured size-wise, you know..." Joey explained.
Phoebe's face dropped and she put on a fake smile, before half-heartedly holding the cardigan up against her body. "Fits." She told him, barely looking or sizing up the cardigan, before dropping it on the floor and walking to the bathroom.
Joey looked at me with a puzzled look, evidently hoping that I'd give him some answers to Phoebe's unhappy behaviour, but I simply shrugged before looking away.

***

One-by-one, everyone filtered out of Monica's apartment as the night grew darker.
Phoebe and I were last sat on the couch, my legs draped over her legs again.
Monica emerged from the bathroom with a towel around her body and a towel wrapped in her hair. "I'm going to bed. Are you two hanging out here for a while?"
Phoebe and I exchanged a look and then both nodded. "Yeah."
"Cool. Goodnight." Monica smiled as she disappeared into her bedroom.