Chocolate

"Bastard!" Before she knew what she was doing, Alice threw Chic's empty mug at her husband.

It missed Hal by an inch. Everyone looked to the cupboard. Then to Hal. Then Alice. She was staring at the mug pieces on the floor. She needed to get away from him before she did anything else. She walked up the stairs in a fit of rage and threw open her bedroom door. Alice pulled a suitcase out from the cupboard, put a suitcase on the bed, and stood still. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she felt the tears fall. Alice didn't understand, couldn't understand, why Hal would cheat on her; she didn't know what she did wrong, she changed everything for him. Her clothes, her attitude, her habits. Her lifestyle. She changed her life, she changed who she was for him. Forgot her roots, her past. And all for what? To be cheated on? At least she felt guilty about what she had done. At least she didn't continue it. Sadness turned to more anger and she smashed a photo of the two of them against as wall; Alice threw Hal's clothes into the suitcase, not bothering to fold them. She growled when she heard Hal's voice from downstairs calling her name and dragged the suitcase down the stairs. Betty and Chic looked on in shock when their mother opened the front door and heaved the suitcase outside

Hal followed Alice out the front door and put a hand on her arm, "this isn't my fault, Alice," he said in a soft voice, "you were the one who let a stranger into our home. My home."

Alice yanked her arm away from Hal, "Chic is not a stranger, he is my son."

"I worshiped you. Like a goddess, for twenty years," Hal's voice became louder with each word.

Alice laughed in his face, "yeah, you did. Because, historically speaking, Hal, goddesses are regularly treated like shit by their husbands. Cheated on, even. Occasionally with family, too," Alice gave her husband a once over and went to walk back inside, "bye, Hal," she shut the door, leaving him outside with his suitcase.

Alice leaned against the door and sighed, waving off her children's concerns. She headed up the stairs to bed and told Chic and Betty to do the same. She shut her bedroom door and sat on her bed, pinching the bridge of her nose. A goddess. A fucking goddess. That bastard. She couldn't feel any less guilty now. She'd march over to FP's and kiss him if it wasn't 2am. She'd spent these last few weeks feeling guilty because she was thinking about, and wanting, another man; all the while, her husband has been around Thistle House going down on Penelope Blossom, and probably letting her go down on him, too. That damn harlot. Alice looked up at her door as she heard her daughter tip toe down the stairs talking on the phone, and going out the front door. She's more than likely sitting on the front steps with Jughead, telling him what happened. Hell, if word got out that she threw a mug at her husband, everyone would gloat; 'Alice Cooper's finally lost it, always knew she was a crazy bitch' they'd say. Susan fucking Browne would knock on her door with a newly brought mug to replace the one she smashed. Bloody stumpy, twig bitch.

--

Alice knocked twice on the large door in front of her. She hated this place, and everything and everyone to do with it. Cheryl was at school, so she wasn't at risk of talking to little miss popular, thank the lord. Not a moment later the town's very own strumpet, Penelope Blossom, opened the front door; her face turned to a scowl the moment she spotted Alice. She'd thrown all of Hal's things out the day after he was kicked out; even his malt whiskey, poured down the sink and then smashed. Alice secretly hoped he was here so she could gloat at him about his belongings being either destroyed or binned. But it was Penelope Blossom. Damn hussy. The woman raised an eyebrow at Alice and gave her a judgemental look. Silently blaming her for her cheating ass of a husband, no doubt. Alice pulled some papers out from her bag and shoved them at Penelope.

"What are these?" Penelope looked at the papers and took them from Alice, skimming the writing on the first page.

"Divorce papers. Give these to Hal for me, will you? Tell him I send the kindest of regards and that I hope he's having fun with his ruined reputation," Alice smiled sarcastically and walked back to her car, leaving Penelope standing in the doorway staring with an open mouth, "half melted, ten cent trollop," she mumbled to herself as she drove away from Thistle House.