₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₣ØɄⱤ₮ɆɆ₦

Sehun parks the car in an underground car park and we take the stairs up to the street, where a modern, stained-glass church towers into the sky and stunning modern buildings house everyday cafés and boutiques. In the setting sun, the city has a moody, ominous vibe that makes me look cautiously at the pedestrians, my awe of its architecture fighting with my fear of encountering other Strategia.

"Welcome to Ansan," Sehun says. "Just making a quick stop before we head on to Incheon." he told me the same thing a half hour ago, and when I asked what it was, he said in a typical Sehun way, "You'll see."

I never really cared much about traveling when I was living in Jeongsan, figuring it was something I would get to eventually. But two minutes on a dirt road or two seconds in Ansan and it's clear that I was deeply wrong. Why have I been going to dance camps all these years instead of saving up my money to go to Gyeonggi? Not that Appa would have let me go, considering what now know about our family, but still.

"So that's really how you pronounce it, huh, with an Ahh in the beginning, Anh-san?" I ask.

"Yes," Sehun says, smiling at my reaction.

"I meant like the scenery, anh~?" I reply, cutely.

Sehun lefts an eyebrow. "Pardon?"

"You've never heard of anh? Like 'darling' or 'honey,' for Vietnamese couples?" I say, even though I positive his proper education never included pet names that couples from other countries call each other.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to regret having this conversation with you?" he asks.

"Cháo, Sehun," I say in a dramatized girl, twirling my hair, "where are you going, anh?" And when he doesn't answer, I giggle, "Anh-san."

Sehun shakes his ehad and I allow myself a real laugh at his indignation. I slip my hand into his nonbanadged one, mostly because I want to remember walking down this jaw-dropping street with him, but also so I don't walk into anything while I'm cranning my neck.

For just an instant, he tenses, and I realize that holding hands probably isn't a Strategia thing. I remember how aggressively Sejeong reacted the first time I stopped her in the hallway by grabbing her arm. She almost leveled me on the spot. But a half second later, Sehun relaxes and his fingers curl around mine, pulling me close by his side.

"You're a perfect tourist," he says with a smile.

"Damn right I am. Remind me to insist that you take me traveling for fun when this is all over," I say.

"Strategia don't typically travel for fun. We travel with purpose," Sehun replies, not like he's trying to shut me down, but like he's never really considered the idea before.

"Then you're seriously missing out," I say.

"The more time I spend with you, the more I believe that," Sehun says, and there is something genuine in his voice that makes my heart swell. I squeeze his hand. But as sweet as he's being with me, he's equally hawkish in the way he eyes the street and the pedestrians. Then I remember-Sehun said most Strategia live in cities. And just like that, my moment of delight is replaced by suspicion.

I immediately question my surroundings: the woman who stares for a second too long from the bakery window. The man walking a poodle-is he holding the dog's leash tighter than necessary? A young guy selling umbrellas, which could easily be used to conceal a thin blade. Sehun said that after what happened with Kyungsoo, we would be constantly looking over our shoulders; I just didn't realize how literal he was being.

Sehun stops in front of an impressive stone building that looks like something that once belonged to an earl or dignitary. Above the door reads CENTRAL LIBRARY and carved into the stone are the words LET THERE BE LIGHT.