• High schooler blues•

Chapter 1

Vanessa's P.O.V

*Buzz buzz*

I roll over and hit my phone screen multiple times hoping at least one of them managed to shut the annoying tone up.

6am. Yes, you read that right, 6am. The last day of summer and I'm up at 6am. Did I mention the time?

I drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. Today wasn't just any day it was the day I've dreaded all summer, the day I send my brother off to college for his second year. I make my way downstairs and considering he's just as allergic to this time as I am he's surprising awake.

"Good morning sunshine"

"Yep, that's what I'm being blinded by bro" I squint at the window

"Everyone is outside" Great just a reminder most of my best friends are leaving me this year too.

"There she is. Our favourite high schooler"

"Shut it Chase" I walk to his car he's leaning on and hug him tight

"You still love me"

"I would love you a lot more if you took me with you" I whine

"I've heard this one before, plead your case" a voice said behind me. I knew exactly who it was. Milo. Milo is studying law so he lives for these moments

"Well, your honour I believe I have the intellectual ability of both my dearest brother and Chase combined meaning I should be more than adequate to attend college"

"Strong case Miss Vanessa but the jury rate it a..." I turn to the car and they all have thumbs up

"But unfortunately, due to legal reasons we cannot claim you and high school still needs you presence" I huff like a little kid

"But nice use of your honour" he hugs me

We make small talk until the rest of the groups cars pull up. I got everyone in for group photos so we always have them to look back on. Just like last year we decided to all drive to their college and the remaining high schoolers will drive back in one car, it gives them extra room for their belongings. The numbers have been going down, including me there's only 5 of us left there would be 6 if Ryan didn't become what he is, but you'll find that out soon.

"MIA, I'm telling you right now if you put your phone on the aux I will throw it out the window" Jacob yells. She was already annoyed since he got shotgun

"God how I wish you were going to college too" A normal person would have muttered that but not our Mia. I'm so lucky she isn't leaving me too.

"Stop flirting I'm driving" Gabriel states. This is why my brother is one of my best friends. It's easy to tell we're related, neither of us have a filter.

After countless stops because some people's bladders just couldn't hold it together and I'm actually referring to the boys, we finally arrived. They make a 2 hour journey into 4 hour one.

We all got out the cars and stepped on the unfamiliar cark park. The first year they were in dorms but they somehow managed to bag a student house a little further from campus. You could still walk through the campus to get to their house but it wasn't exactly on grounds which meant they could throw as many parties as they wanted. We wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for our soon to be lawyer Milo, he's the most useful. Chase and Gabriel are sports majors and Ava aka my big sister I never got is a fashion student. She is honestly the most talented human, she's definitely going to be a huge designer.

The house is beautiful why they allowed these lunatics live in it I have no idea but it probably has something to do with their grades rather than wild party history.

We grab boxes and start moving them in. I see a few familiar faces which is always nice especially seeing them when they're sober.

Jacob and Lucas are flashing smiles and flexing to every breathing female walking in close proximity I turn to make a sarcastic comment to Mia but she's doing the exact thing with the college guys.

"Excuse me everyone, pick up your jaws I'm tripping over them" I can't take them anywhere

"So, the final goodbye" I say to my brother leaning on Lucas's car

"You're definitely the dramatic sibling" I roll my eyes

"We're having a house warming party this weekend. It's only a school week and then you're back"

"See I didn't know that information" I swear he thinks I'm a mind reader.

"Come on Vanessa, did you really think we'd get a house and not wreck it within the first week?" Chase laughs

"You boys are cleaning it up after, it was bad enough in the dorms being the only girl" Ava pulled the short straw being the oldest girl but someone has to keep the boys in line.

We say our goodbyes and all get into Lucas's car. We arrived back at mine, Mia and Leo's house.

Leo is the same age as Mia and I but he couldn't get out of work so he missed the college send off. Before you question it, we live together because Gabriel is basically the only family I have.

Mia's parents live abroad and Leo, well he's just Leo he doesn't partially fit in with his family. We all work at the same restaurant so we can be independent from our family but dependent on each other. Now that's a real family.

_______________________________________

I'm adding banners of what I think the character's aesthetic are like. I might add some music to chapters if I can find one that fit to it.