•I've got time•

Vanessa's P.O.V

"That seats taken" I'm sounding rude but I'm awkward.

"Yeah looks like it" Oh, so he's sarcastic too.

A minute full of silence passes but surprisingly it's not uncomfortable.

"So, what's a high schooler doing at a college party?" I'm just going to ignore the fact that I'm pretty sure his deep voice is the most attractive thing I've ever heard.

"I could ask you the same question" I can at least pretend to be confident.

"Business" I'm waiting for him to finish his sentence but he already has.

"What kind of business?"

"Nothing involving you" Wow, okay blunt.

"Let me guess, drug deal?"

"Do I look like I'd be a drug dealer?" He turns his head to me. It's the first time this whole conversation. His eyes are full of darkness. Whatever, he's been doing can't have been pleasurable. In my defence he also doesn't look like he should be at high school so I'm just going on stereotypes.

"A booty call or girlfriend"

"No time for quick hook-ups and I'm not the dating type"

"Looks like you are though. I'm being daggered out from across the pool"

"That's just Milo" I smile and he returns a small one back then carries on talking. I understand why he looks concerned; the towns scariest guy is next to me but in all fairness,  I don't even know why.

"Why you intimidated?" he scoffs at my theory.

"Oh, please I could make him disappear within a second with no trace"

"Weird thing to brag about"

"I take it you asked one of your little friends who I am?" I rolled my eyes at this cockiness.

"A walking danger sign apparently" I take a swig of my drink.

"They're not wrong there" He lets out a dry laugh but it's over too quickly for my liking.

"You seem alright. You haven't killed me"

"Yet" What is it with this guy?

That kind of brought the conversation down. Being threatened isn't the best party material but if he wanted me dead I'm pretty sure I would be dead by now.

"Are you going to shut your phone up or am I going to throw it in the pool" He snapped it made me flinch. I didn't know a vibrating phone could bring so much frustration to a person.

"I'm debating throwing it myself" All that's been lighting up are calls and texts from Ryan.

Axel snatches my phone.

"Hey, it was a joke don't actually throw it" I smack his arm. Even I can tell that was a dumb move on my behalf.

"Calm down, I'm just looking" he glanced at the caller ID

"It's that clown Ryan"

"I know"

"You got a problem with him?"

"Many but I don't want to bore you, it's a long story"

"I got time" Really? Danger boy wants to hear my boy troubles. He takes a packet of cigarettes out of his jacket along with a zippo lighter. He raises his eyebrows and offers me one but I'm quick to decline. Rule one at a party never take something a stranger offers you.