•Completely clueless•

Vanessa's P.O.V

Onto the second most dreaded day. I promised myself I would be open minded but in reality, this is the worst 48 hours of summer but technically it's no longer summer because school starts today.

"Vanessa you better be moving" Mia shouts through the door. I can only imagine this is what it's like having a Mother around, annoying but loving.

She peers her head around the door and smiles seeing me putting some makeup on. I'm going natural after all it's only school. I let my natural blonde curls flow. We went shopping last week for a confidence boast to start the year off so I wasn't stressed about an outfit.

I walked downstairs being hit with what smells like pancakes. I walk into the kitchen and see Leo slaving away at the stove.

"Leo, no way" I gleam taking a seat at the counter. I loved his pancakes they were his signature breakfast. He's been perfecting them for months and I haven't complained once since I'm always the judge. He put a stack in front of me.

"Now I've fed you two where are the two clowns?" he laughs. They're all close but he definitely prefers living with us than them any day.

"They should be here about ..."

"The seniors have arrived" Jacob shouts as they barge through our front door cutting me off

"now" I finish laughing at the goofy double act

"We get it you're seniors but you are still on our level"

"See Mia that is where you are oh so wrong" they both take a stool. Leo slides two stacks of pancakes in front of them. Lucas's eyes light up with pure joy. If this boy could marry food he would be in a long loving relationship.

"We have an edge you don't. we can protect you from everyone that walks through those school doors"

"Oh yeah Mr. man. How about when you had to beg me to stop your ex harassing you?" Jacob has good chat but Mia just destroyed his whole point.

"BURN!" I high five Mia smirking at a rather deflated Jacob

"Leo's protected anyway since he makes the best food in the whole town" Lucas says in between bites.

"I don't think I'm going to need it" it's true. Leo is built like the hulk but a friendly one at that. Truth be told Leo could have lived on his own, he earns the money for his own place but he didn't like knowing Mia and I would be on our own. He likes protecting us, I have no complaints he can reach high things and get rid of spiders for us. We snapped a few photos of all of us after the boys finished devouring the sacred pancakes within seconds.

We took two cars since there's no point everyone driving. We all walked through the double doors.

"Here we go" I breathed

We went through the threshold. The school year has officially started.

We were assigned new lockers this year which sucks because Mia and I are no longer locker neighbours but at least she's only a couple down. The boys were further down which I didn't mind, they can be annoying locker neighbours. I have no idea who my new one is but hopefully they're pleasant enough, we'll be seeing each other on the regular. The first bell rings at least I've got Leo for the first hour.

Now I know why I hated math so much, I suck. What happened to starting easy? My teacher obviously lost that memo. Roll on second.

Leo left for his next lesson and I'm left friendless for this one. I walked down the hall and made eye contact with the one person I wished I could avoid for the rest of my life.

RYAN!

His eyes were fixed on mine and I saw him move in my direction but I really can't deal with this on the first day so I did the only normal thing and dipped. I got away as quick as possible. I glanced back satisfied to see I lost him but when I looked forward I slammed into something solid. I hit the floor hard enough to know I'll have a bruise. My vision went black for a few seconds.

I move my eyes up only to see more black but it wasn't a wall. It was a person.

He's a tall and muscular figure standing in front of me. Dressed head to toe in black. Black shirt, black denim jacket, black jeans and finished with black biker style boots. I'm trying to figure out who he is. I sort of recognise him but I don't know why.

"You know the polite thing to do is help a girl up" He rolls his eyes and uses one hand to pull me up. I was right about his muscle. I can tell he put no effort into that.

"I don't do polite and you should be watching where you're going" his deep voice sends shivers down my spine I still can't figure out who he is.

"Maybe you should learn to be polite then" Why am I still talking?

"You seriously have no idea who you're talking to" His voice becoming more stern and darkly amused

"You don't intimidate me" That's a complete lie

"I will" And with that he walked away leaving me alone in the hall way to pick up my books from the floor. What does 'I will' even mean?

I made it to class by the skin of my teeth. Soon enough the bell rang for lunch. That gives me the half way mark of the day. An hour where I can chill with my friends and relax.

I made it to the cafeteria. The most iconic of all the school. It's the place for food fights random performances and occasionally bust ups. I see the group at our usual table flagging me over. We just started to get into conversation when the whole room went quite, you could hear a pin drop. People were moving creating a pathway. I finally see who it is. The human wall.

He made eye contact with me then walked to the back of the room to the corner table said something to a guy that's labelled as shady and they both walk out within a minute. Seriously, who is this guy?

The final lesson of the day English. I loved English so it wasn't all bad. I arrived pretty early so I picked a seat on the back row. People started flooding in and I see Ryan.

I had successfully made the rest of the day avoiding him and now I'm stuck with him for an hour.

'please don't sit next to me' I repeated over and over in my head but to my disappointment my wish didn't come true. I hear him take the seat next to me.

"You really thought you could avoid me?" Even his voice is annoying

"I was hoping so" I roll my eyes trying to control my attitude before I unleash what I'm really thinking.

He continued bothering me for the first 10 minutes, I couldn't even hear the teacher until the door slammed open. The mystery boy whom everyone seemed to be scared of walked in.

"Late as usual Axel" At least I know his name now

"You're lucky I'm here" he said bluntly scanning the room. I can't believe he spoke like that to a teacher. He said something else but I couldn't hear over Ryan talking at me rather than to since I wasn't replying.

I saw a shadow over next over me

"Move" The familiar deep voice says. I was about to grab my bag

"Him" He continues. He's looking over at Ryan. I guess he must really like the back right seat. Ryan huffed but moved obviously in fear of him, but for why? A wave of relief crashed over me. Finally, some peace.

"I'm Vanessa by the way" I whisper in his direction but he didn't turn or even move his eyes. I have just been very much ignored like there's some sort of wall between us. Maybe I'm starting to see why people don't mess with him.