[2] I HATE MIYA ATSUMU'S DRIVING

|[PLAYER CHAT]|

[tsumtsum]: damn samu ur really tryna promote ur restaurant huh

[onigirimiya]: yeah y not. free publicity = customers = $$$$

[tsumtsum]: conceited (censored) mf

[onigirimiya]: takes one ta know one

[heyheyhey]: OHOHO GET WRECKED TSUM TSUM! did I use that right akaashi???

[itsahkaahshi]: yes you did and you don't have to ask in the chat when I'm standing right next to you.

[u/n]: tsumu get off the (censored) chat I'm tryna talk 2 u

[onigirimiya]: yeah tsumu get off the chat

[tsumtsum]: stfu samu

========================

About thirty minutes ago, fifteen minutes prior to entering Ukiyo, you'd found yourself sitting on the floor of Kenma's spacious gaming room with him and Kuroo, drinking tea, and watching an introductory message from the game's developer, Udai Tenma, on a large screen against the wall with rapt attention since you needed to focus on the instructions he delivered.

When the video ended, you let out a deep sigh and took a long drink of your tea, seeking some relief for the headache you felt coming on at being overloaded with information. Kenma and Kuroo seemed to be feeling the same way, since they both remained quiet and still for a moment longer before turning their attention to the small headsets resting on the table.

"Are we really doing this?" Kuroo wondered, his hazel eyes darting between your gaze and Kenma's, "I mean, this is, like, totally new. What if something bad happens?"

Kenma's thin eyebrows furrowed as he replied, "They've already tested it before at their headquarters and nobody's suffered any adverse effects as a result of it, so I think we're fine. Plus, they wouldn't target such high-profile people to beta test a game if they didn't think it was safe."

"He's got a good point, Tetsu," you added, brushing a few strands of your (h/l), (h/c) hair behind your ear, "Udai-san only picked a select few with big presences to participate in this test. Can you imagine the kind of outrage he'd cause if anything happened to everyone's favorite gamers, Kodzuken and [u/n]?"

Murmuring in agreement, Kuroo nodded and picked up one of the devices from the table. Unlike normal gaming systems which came with a console, a controller, and jumbles of wires, this one came only in the form of a small headset that looked like wraparound sunglasses and a power box. Attached to the power box was a wire for connecting and charging the headset, as well as a few attachments that were meant to be placed on the body to monitor the player's vitals. Those were the most intimidating to you, since seeing them made you feel like you were in a doctor's office, but you knew they existed as an extra safety measure.

"We're really doing this, guys," you stated upon noticing that the countdown to launch had now showed up on the television screen, "This is crazy."

With a small grin, Kenma commented, "I'm excited."

Meanwhile, at an apartment in another part of Tokyo, six men sat together in a living room, trying to figure out how to use their equipment. Well, only three of them were seated. And, out of the three of them, only two had actually been focused on the instructional video for its entire duration.

Sakusa and Akaashi, diligent as always, had paid attention, whereas Atsumu had been too busy bickering with his twin about trivial issues, as per usual. The others were in various states of disarray: Bokuto was hopping around with excitement, raring to get started; Hinata was trying to take a selfie with everyone; and Osamu was raiding Bokuto's kitchen for more snacks after polishing off a bag of chips.