Chapter Two

I didn't get much sleep last night... the nightmares kept me awake. Though I did get to chat with Kite. Apparently he couldn't sleep either. Something about finding something important and that he would miss my race. He told me good luck like he does all the time. He wouldn't go into much detail about it but he seemed excited about something. I wonder what could excite him so much. I sighed as I closed my eyes, hoping to get a few hours before my race. I struggled for a bit and decided to play Kite's song quietly in the background.
It must have helped. I had woken up six hours later to my alarm blaring. I sat up right and quickly climbed out of bed. I went to take a shower and brush my teeth and hair before heading to the kitchen. Go had fallen asleep on the couch, holding something in his arms. I got curious and moved over to get a closer look. I froze when I saw that it was Koga's bag he always carried. I had forgotten that we still had it. I smiled lightly, though there was no one around to fake a smile around and started on my way back to the kitchen. I grabbed something quick to eat and grabbed a water bottle before leaving a note for Go, letting him know that I already left to warm up and prepare for the race before leaving and locking the door behind me.
I got to the track pretty quickly and people were already showing up. I went into the changing room, but didn't stay in there long I just... can't after what happened back in middle school. I got on the track and started stretching, and did a small jog around the track. The race would be starting soon.
~After the Race~
I won! I had to tell Kite though I'm sure he will just say "oh are you really that surprised? You are amazing!" Or something like that. Maybe I'm over exaggerating but whatever.
I pulled out my phone, about to text Kite when he sends me one first.
Hey! I was able to make it last minute! You did great! Wanna meet up at a café near by? I have a surprise for you an Go.
I thought for a moment before texting back.
Yeah! What café did you have in mind? I'll have to go get Go first so he can be there.
I grabbed my stuff, starting out of the arena. It had cleared out a lot by then. How much time do I waste when it comes to talking to Kite? Apparently a lot.
Café Red. I believe that's not too far from where you live.
That's actually right around the corner! We will be there in 15!