Chapter 2

Your POV

It was morning, I woke up to Nanook licking my hand and whimpering. I got up and got dressed in a large dark grey sweater that fell to my mid thigh, and ripped black jeans that were a little looser than they should be. I fix my hair in an out of the way style and go downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and see my family sitting at the table eating. I sit down and grab food, I take a few bites before grandpa pipes up.

"What the hell happened to you, porcelain?" Grandpa asked, a look of shock on his face. He always calls me porcelain because of my pale complexion, even as a kid he would call me porcelain.

"She fought a guy who tried to hurt me! It was awesome! You should have been there, he slapped her and then she started beating the crap out of him. Look at her knuckles if you don't believe me!" Sam shouted, excitement clear in his voice.

"Is that what happened? I just assumed she ran into a door or something." Mike said with a laugh.

"I'm not that clumsy." I whisper with a frown on my face.

"Yeah, she also got banned from the amusement park for a month. I think it's badass!" Sam said happily.

"Well, since you aren't busy going on rides-" grandpa started.

"She has a job! And so do I! Rachel, sweetheart, you start your first shift in an hour." Mom says, cutting off grandpas sentence.

"What about you?" I question.

"I don't start until noon, is that okay?" She asks while checking over my injuries.

"Yep, what time do I get off?" I ask curiously.

"We both get off at 8pm. Hurry up and finish your breakfast, I want you to be early." My answers quickly before walking off to do who knows what.

I take a few more bites of my food then hand the rest off to Sammy, Mike gives me a look of disappointment. I shrug before standing up, I kiss my twin on the cheek before running back to our shared room and putting on socks.

I run back downstairs and put on my large black boots. Mom walks into the front entrance where I am and puts on her shoes. The both of us leave the house and get into the car.

(Time skip)

I was currently in the back section of the video store reorganizing the shelves. There's horror films in with the kids films, and romance in with thrillers. There's comedy films thrown in with the drama films, this whole store is unorganized.

"Rachel! Would you be a dear and come reorganize the CDs?" Mom called out, clearly not sure where I am.

I walk out from where I was and nod quietly, mom smiles and shows me where the CDs were. The whole section is a complete mess, I grab a box that was sitting around and put all of the CDs in it. I start to organize from there by genre of music and band.

(Short time skip)

It's was 8:30 at night and I was still organizing the CDs, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turn to see a small boy looking at me with sad eyes.

"Hello, can I help you with something?" I ask him.

"I don't know where my sister went, I was with her but then she walked off and now I can't find her. Can you help me?" He asked, tears forming in his eyes.

"Sure, my shift ended 30 minutes ago, so it's perfectly fine. My name's Rachel, what's yours?" I question.

"Laddie." The boy said simply with a small smile.