Chapter 3

Your POV

I woke up cold and alone, I was tucked properly into my bed. The giant teddy bear from last night underneath me. I see a folded piece of paper on my nightstand and grab it.

I open it and read,

'Hey baby, I'm sorry you have to wake up to an empty bed. I really wish I could have stayed, but I didn't want my friends to worry about me and freak out. I also didn't want your brother to freak out, it's 3am while I'm writing this, and he's nowhere to be found. Your mom and Sam came home earlier and went to bed. Your grandfather is asleep on the couch. I'll see you later tonight, I promise.
I love you baby!

~Dwayne'

This boy actually wrote me a note before he left because he didn't want me to worry. I'm definitely in love with him, he's the sweetest guy I've ever met and he treats me like a person.

I look back at my nightstand and the necklace is still there, I take it out and put it on. I smile and get changed into clean clothes. I change out of my clothes from yesterday and put on a pair of light blue jeans, a navy blue sweatshirt that's too big for my frame, and a pair of mismatch socks. I fix my hair and go downstairs, I'm about to step into the kitchen when mom called out to me.

"Rachel, it's time for you to get up! You have work soon!" She calls from her place by the stove, not hearing or seeing me.

Michael turned his head slightly and saw me, this caused him to laugh and spit out his juice. Sam got scared by Mikey spitting out his juice so he turned his head to see what he was laughing at, he saw me and jumped slightly before laughing himself. Mom turned to see if my brothers were okay and saw me, she jumped and put a hand on her chest as if it would help her steady her breathing.

Mom offered me a plate of food, I took it and sat down to eat it. When I finish eating, I put my dishes in the sink and rush to the door. I put on my boots and head out the door, mom follows after me and gets in the car.

(Time skip)

I'm reorganizing films again, how the store can become so messy and disorganized in a day is beyond anything I can actually comprehend. It's about 6 o'clock in the evening, the sun has just gone down. Me and Thorn are the only living beings in the store that work here. Mom went out to get food with Max, and the girl who is usually at the register is nowhere to be seen. I decided to organize by the front of the store near the register so I can keep an eye on things.

"Hey babe." I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn quickly and see Dwayne standing there with his arms open towards me. I shake my head and hug him, he hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

"Hi Dwayne." I whisper into his chest, a smile on my face.

"Are you the only one working tonight?" My boyfriend asks his arms still holding me in place.

I shake my head no and point at Thorn, Dwayne looks at the dog and chuckles quietly.

"Mom and Max are getting food, and Maria is... I don't know. She didn't show up today." I say with a laugh.

"Let's get out of here." Dwayne whispers in my ear.

"I can't, I'm the only one here right now. Plus, I still have 2 hours left before my shift ends." I explain while pushing Dwayne off of me and smirking.

"Well, I don't mind you leaving early. You can leave a few hours before the end of your shift whenever you like, as long as you tell me that you're leaving." I jump at the sound of Max's voice as he tells me this.