Chapter 12: The War Game (Part 2)

When the Capture began, the Blue Regimen that was spawned on the moon closest to Hebo 3 quickly uses this advantage to take over the few resource stations floating around the giant gas planet. They divided up their forces all lead by elite members of the Turbby Raiders and did what they do best: raiding.

Within 2 hours of the start of game play, they have managed to take control of all ten resource generation stations on Hebo 3, leaving only the asteroid belt and some minor moons for the other two. Knowing early conflict will not allow either of Yellow and Red to stand a chance, an alliance had to be formed as they started to peacefully share the limited resource stations outside the moon.

In War Game, each player's weapons and spacecraft is a continuation of their game progress in the Free Roam Galaxy mode, where they craft weapons and trade of spacecrafts. Most of the players capable of influencing the War Game at the annual tournament are equipped with the top tier space crafts specialized for either space combat, location bombing, cargo transport and air support.

In Capture mode, space combat, air support and cargo are always deemed the most suitable option due to the shear defensive power of the resource stations making it much easier to simply send in elite squadrons on ground fighters to manually break through instead of trying to breakthrough the mechanical and energy shields set up around it.

But it seems not everyone agree with the general consensus.'The first action took place with Lightining Rod leading the charge as always, but she is not equipping with her air combat space craft, but rather the best bomber in the game, the Angel spacecraft from Aquaria. Combining deadly payloads with extreme maneuverability, there is no ship like the Angel. But what's the actual target of her's? What kind of plan did the Investor cook up this time?'

A small segment of the Yellow Regimen broke away from the main formation that's slowly heading towards the mid line of the map. The general strategy of Yellow is simply to speed ahead and gain an early foothold in regions closer to the home base of the Blue Regimen, since they have chosen the Hebo 3 stations as their priority. They simply set up guarding lines and capture their own station on their way there. The fact that Lightning Rod broke away from formation meant the plans of the Investor is already in action. Rydel can't help but wonder what it is.

He zoomed in on the squadron that broke away and pushed the main action to one side. After selecting the space craft of the Lightning Rod, he sees a generic randomly created Aquarian Female avatar sitting at the pilots seat.

She moves around gracefully using all her arms to control the ships movements and finding the shortest way towards her destination. It might not be Dolon by the look of it, since the game obviously hides the face of the players and uses avatars instead. But he can't help but notice one of her arms that Lightning Rod is not using, not dissimilar to Dolon's Artifact bearing arm she typically kept wrapped around her waist.

It is almost confirmed at this point. As the game accurately scans and inputs the movements of the players into the main server, everything the player does will be reflected in games, even for embarrassing behaviors like scratching the private areas or going for a dig in the nose. Therefore no matter how one hides their faces, their bodily movements and actions aren't masked at all.

'Let's go ladies! We know what we have to do!' Lightning Rod lit up the channel with her slightly modulated voice, yet Dolon's amusingly condescending tone sips through, 'Let's show those amateurs what we can do.'

'With all due respect, LR, that's the top two ranked club you are talking about.......' Someone in the squadron responded cautiously, 'I know how good you are, but do you really think we can draw their attention?'