Gracie from School

Foolish by Ashanti

Hurt is a powerful thing, hurt someone enough and there won't be anything left of that person.
....

As everyone is retiring from work, Jack also does the same, he drive his car at a high speed however, not because he's eager to meet his family or wife Jennifer but to straighten her.

He gets out of his car dashing inside as if the place out is set on fire. Poor Jenny is busy with her daughter on her lap doesn't know that her husband has arrived.

At the sound of an opening door both daughter and mom get up quickly. She sent her eyes on her husband who's now coming towards her like a predator.

"Why is it so difficult for you to stay at home" Jack asked

"What is it this time?" Jenny asked throwing her hand in air frustratedly.

"Who brought Gracie from School today" she didn't reply.

"Answer me who brought Gracie from School" he shoute which made her flitch. She can never get used to all of this.

"I did" she replied mildly knowing the results of that answer. It's gonna slip her day.

He slapped her hard that she fell down on the sofa hold her itching jaw "why do you want to be in public? To be in media everytime" he asked looking down at her. He hated the fact that his wife goes outside and other men gawk at her the same way he does and some eat her with their eyes.

"Since we got married I have been living lifeless. For how long will this continues?" she asked tears rolling. She never dreamed in her wildest dream that her husband will change this much after them getting married, he was a caring and loving person but now he's her nightmare.

"As long as you're my wife" he paused. She cowered away from him "you'll obey me! It's even written in the bible that a wife must be submissive to her husband. Isn't that simple? You not stepping a foot out of this house is important to me" he said bitting his chest like a King Kong "let this be the last time I'll repeat myself. Have I made myself clear?" She nodded continuously ay him 'yes' "good" he walked away leaving her on the sofa crying one the touching her itching jaw and chocking on her sobs.

After minutes of crying, she collected herself, she doesn't want her daughter to see her like this, she has to be strong for the children just like from the start. Getting up, she inhale and exhale then walked out to look for her daughter. She stopped in her trucks when see saw her daughter looking on floor with tears flowing . Her heart ached and start blaming herself, her daughter who must be free from care at her age isn't.

She slowly approached Gracie, lifting her face with both her hands the little girl was crying silently "why are you crying?" she asked whipping Gracie's tears away.

"Come" she placed her daughter on her lap. Asking again why she's crying the little girl also asked why don't they have a normal family like her friends at school and why her daddy doesn't love her mother.

"Daddy loves me, you and your bothers" Jenny replied but deep down she wasn't sure if that love and care her husband showed when they were still dating still exists in him though she can't tell her daughter that.

"Then why is he bitting you and making you cry" Gracie asked looking in her mother's eyes "mhhh I'll never cry again okay?" Jenny said whipping off her tears then started trickling her daughter to make her laugh again. When they were down bonding they walk back inside.

After two days
It has been two days, two Jenny went to visit her friend Becky who lost her husband recently to see how she's holding up "Jenny since my husband has died, life haven't been easy for me but at least I have peace now" Becky said. Jenny smiled seeing her friend coping up well after her life pattern.

"I understand, I mean it's not easy to take care of someone for eleven years. That's a long time. Honestly not every woman can do that, you really tried" Becky nodded "my dear, life has taught me a big lesson, in life what we don't expect bit us most especially in marriage" Becky said remembering all the years my her marriage.

"At my age now in marriage do you know that I still have to leave my own home secretly? Also right now Jack isn't at home so I took this opportunity to come and see you" Becky shook her head in disbelief, all these years her friend is living lifeless like a prisoner.

"My husband isn't aware and....." before she could finish her sentence, the door burst wide open.
......
Hey lovely human!

So who do think is the intruder?

Let me know.

Stay safe!