Visit me

I just let the pain take over allowing it to numb the pain of being caged by the person who must love me.

Woman by Julian Kanyoomozi.

"My husband isn't aware and..." before she could finish her sentence the door burst wide open.

Both the ladies turned around to the intruder, their eyes widened at the sight of Jack standing like a giant in the door way.

"So this is where you have been" Jenny wanted to hide though it was already late.

"Where are you here? What are you doing here? Home! Home! Back home!" Jack tugged on her hand, he didn't even let her say goodbye to Becky.

She kept cursing her bad lucky.

The moment they reached home, he started scolding her like a child. She tried to hurry inside but all in vail.

"I told you before to stop visiting that woman, you just don't listen" she turned around to face him.

"what has come over you, the other day you stopped me from visiting Ritah, again you stopped me from visiting that elder woman who lives on the side walk that her husband will reloin me to bed. Now you're asking to stop visiting Becky a widow, what possibly can a widow do to me uhh? What's your reason this time?" She asked. Sometimes she think maybe it was too early for her to marry this man even if they dated for years. Perhaps, if she took her time she would have seen this side of him.

He walk to where she was "I'll tell you, first you know that I love you Jenny, I can't stand anyone around you, you don't need those widows and others, they're always roaming around seeking love from younger boys or old men. They'll start teaching you all those nonsense. Please I just need you to stay here for me" she looked at him speechless.

"Jack you know honestly, I'm tired of all this" she finished off then walked away knowing trying to make him understand that she must have a life, friends its pointless. He'll never understand or try to.

He stood there like a statue " who else do you want me to visit? Where else" she asked without looking back as she enter inside the house.

"Visit me if you want to go somewhere, if you miss me too much call me. If you feel like visiting anybody vist me. All you need to do is to stay away from those people. They'll put you into trouble" he shouted outside but the person who had to hear all this was already inside not hearing anything.

A week later.
A week has passed since the last event. Today Jenny came out of the house very happy, her eyes stopped on her two boys who are from School. It's been a whole term since she last saw them cause they're studying in boarding section at a very known school and an expensive one. She want them to study well so they can have a bright future. And that's every mother's dream for their children.

"You're back" she said cheerfully, pulled her elder son into a motherly hug then George. She examined them careful from head to toe. She asked whether they weren't eating in boarding, that they look skinny.

"Which food do they give you at school?" she asked the boys.

"Soup without meat" George replied but Gavin kept quiet. He knew her mother very well. Jenny put her hands on both sides of her hip and turned to her husband with raised eyebrows who was watching them.

"But I like it" Jack said coming to where the mom and his boys were standing "that's why they're very intelligent. They give them light food so that tomorrow when you're being given little food or whatever you would appreciate it okay" he finished off and both the boys nodded.

However, Jenny didn't like it any single bit but decided to let it go.

"Daddy thank mother for us cause she paid our school fees" George said out of nowhere. That's the problem with the young lad, he talks where he thinks there's a need to.

Jack's jaw dropped to the ground, the smile he had on disappeared at that very moment. He remembered the conversation he had with Bruno's

Flashback
There's these things that each time I remember. My greatest mistake in my life has been neglecting everything my family did, even my children's school fees I trusted their mother to pay on my behalf. The children grew up with the concession that their mother is the one that trended them by paying their school fees but in reality I was the one who always gave her the money

They thought I wasn't caring,wasn't looking after them in any way so they hate me with passion" Bruno said with regret in his eyes.

"Why, why would your own children hate you that much?" Jack asked a little bit confused.

"Jack there's so many things a man can't say, even the others can't see it but deep within my heart there's a lot of things. My wife told them that she was the one sponsoring them by paying there fees, that I was just there without helping in anything so they grew up with that in mind believing their mother did everything for them insteady of me their father" Bruno finished off.

Jack got angry looking between his family and they all noticed
"Daddy are you not happy" Gavin asked softly. He was the eldest so he knew both his parents very well and whenever the air around their changed he could notice.

"Why should I be happy? Tell me why should I be happy?" Jack shouted at Gavin.
....
Hlo loves

Please comment, vote and share.
Thanks