A mountain out of a hill

I gave my heart to a man who loved me, who wanted to be with me. Who ultimately was afraid of all I offered.

Banyabo by Remah Namakula
...
"Why should I be happy? Tell me why should I be happy" Jack shouted at Gavin.

He turned to his wife "so Jenny is this what you have been telling my children? That you have been the one paying their school fees" Jenny just looked at him not knowing how to reply him. Her and the boys haven't even got time to sit down and talk then how has she been able to tell them the things he's accusing her of.

"Guys I'm the one who's paying your fees. I have been busy so I gave the money to you mother to bring it. If you're to thank anyone that should be me. So thank me" Jack said smiling while lowering down to the boys level.

"Thanks daddy" both the boys said. Jenny looked at her husband's retreating form speechlessily.

"Mom it doesn't matter who pays it" George said seeing his mom's sad face.

"Don't mind your father, he always make a mountain out of a hill" Jenny said with a resuming smile leading the boys inside while telling them how much food they have to eat without any single complaint.

Later in the evening, Jenny was reading her princess a story. Gracie likes reading but can't pronounce the words properly so she tag herself on her mother to read for her.

As they were reading, Jack parked his car and Lee their mechanic came out. He has been a family friend for a long time now. Jessy got out of the chair to welcome him "how have you been?" Lee asked walking to where she was. He sees Jenny as his own sister and also Jenny take him as his second brother.

"Fine, welcome!" she said warmly "thanks, is this your daughter whom I last saw when she still a baby?" Lee ask pointing at Gracie who was in a chair.

"She's the one, Gracie get up and greet your uncle" she gave him a hug. Jenny smile at that, thinking how innocent her daughter is, Gracie think that people greet each other by just hugging without saying anything.

After Jack parking his car, he came seeing his wife and friend interacting very well. He stood to his ground watching them without saying anything until it disturbed his inner demon. For him it doesn't matter if his wife is talking to a man or woman. He just don't want anyone to get close to her.

"Lee did you came for the generator or to see my wife?" he said through grinding teeth "ohh.. c'mon dude! I haven't seen her in a long time so I just want to know how she's been doing" Lee said not seeing this as a big deal but to Jack it was.

"So have you seen her now? This way" he said sending Jenny a malicious look as if he's going to throttle her soon.

"Jenny I'll see you later" he run to catch up with Jack "what's wrong with you dude" Jack just shrugged now wanting to explain himself.

As they were walking Lee paused "Jack I hope you and your wife can make it tomorrow to the gathering for couples "

"What for? You want me to take my beautiful wife to where all orchids, lions will sent their eyes on her? That' not possible. I was invited but can't take my wife to a place where she'll be taught to disrespect me. How to look down or how to control me in my house? That's not going to happen" Lee looked at his friends dumbfounded'

"Why do I have this idea that you're still being very over protective over your wife? It has been years dude let her be!" Lee said already on the edge of losing it. Every time he talk to Jack he hopes that maybe he can change and become an understanding husband for once and consider his wife as his equal not just a possession.

"Now look at my wife, she's been beautiful and health you know why? Because I keep her in front of my eyes all these years. You want me to take her to a place where she will be taught how to run my house, that's impossible and why are you complaining?
Why are you putting your mouth in my business" Jack finished off shouting at Lee who was just shaking his head 'no' at his friend.

"Heeee...look man I know your wife very well okay. She's someone that likes to mingle..." Jack cut him off that instant " that's exactly the point and the word I'll not accept mingle and did we come here to talk about my wife or have you come to work" Jack emphasized the word mingle to make it very clear to Lee. He hate it when someone tries to correct him most especially about his wife.

Lee looked at the tool in his hand then to Jack "well, I have come to fix the generator" "very good! Get to work!" Lee shook his head and got to do what brought him.

Days have past since Lee left. Today Jack decide to take his wife on a date. As they started eating, a man came in and started looking around until his eyes fell on Jessy. She a looker that even in a crowded place you can't miss the sight of her.

He strolled inside slowly and sat just opposite them shamelessly checking her out from head to toe as he lick his lips. Jack was the one who noticed the stranger first and lost his appetite. As for Jenny she was busy enjoying her food without a care in the world.

After minutes of enjoying her food, she felt someone hawking on her so she lifted her eyes to fall on a man who sent a flirty smile. Jessy rolled her eyes at him which the act made him feel embarrassed so pleaded to call the waiter.

Jack looked between his wife who was back to enjoying her food and the stranger then asked whether she's done eating.
....
Holla!

Don't forget to vote, comment and sharing.

Till next time!