Chapter 5

The night was chilly and the rain fell from the sky. The full moon made the atmosphere very eerie and glum but two certain people didn't seem to mind the current mood.

Laughing could be heard all the way down the street. A seemingly happy couple under a shop awning, one holding a bundle of pink cotton candy, the other of blue cotton candy. Both of them held grins and their hair was plastered to their face.

The blonde looked up at the full moon, still grinning. The rain, which had come out of nowhere and force them to flee for cover, was seemingly lessening as they both sat there.

"I still can't believe you know most of the employees. They were really nice to let us ride for free." The brunette said, following the blonde's gaze to the moon.

"Too bad the rain stopped our fun, though. I still had some rides to show you." The blonde responded. The brunette smiled.

She remembered the thrill of riding the bumper cars, the friendly tension between who would win at the game where you fill the balloon with a water gun. The nervousness of riding the ferris wheel. The feeling of Amber moving closer to her as another couple climbed aboard. The awkwardness as the couple held hands.

Krystal so desperately wanted Amber to hold her hand. And from the smile on the couple's face, they could tell.

Suddenly, she saw a flash of pink in front of her eyes. She followed it and found herself looking at Amber's mouth.

"Why did you eat my cotton candy?" She questioned. Amber smiled and swallowed, the fluffy goodness now in Amber's stomach.

"You weren't eating it so I thought you didn't want it." Amber said.

"You could have asked."

"It would be a waste of energy."

At that, Krystal reached for Amber's blue cotton candy. Amber easily dodged the attack and moved her cotton candy higher. She laughed silently. Krystal narrowed her eyes. She pouted and huffed.

After a while, still not over the fact that some of her cotton candy was missing, she slightly jumped on Amber but the blonde just moved the cotton farther away. She was laughing fully now.

Krystal was reaching for it when she heard a yell.

"Oi! Get a room!"

Krystal looked down at a smirking Amber and realized their position. She quickly scrambled off and sat straight, blushing madly.

A piece of blue cotton candy slowly moved towards her face. She looked at Amber to find her smiling genuinely.

"Asking is a waste of energy, but it gives us a reason to talk." She said. Krystal ignored the cotton candy and looked at the sky.

"Sometimes talking helps." Amber continued. Krystal frowned.

"What does that mean?" She asked. She looked at Amber.

The blonde had put her hand down and was staring at he moon again. She saw something close to sadness in her eyes.

Then, as if a switch had been turned on, Amber smiled and looked at Krystal.

"The rain stopped. Let me show you something." She said. She stood up and held her hand out for Krystal. The cotton candy was still in her hand. Krystal grabbed it, ate it, and held onto Amber's hand.

Then, they ran again into the night, hand in hand, not caring much about their surroundings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow..." Krystal gaped.

"I know." Amber agreed. They were both looking at a sea of small lights. Randomly spread, it seemed. The lights easily mirrored the night sky.