Chapter 8

(a/n: Extra long chapter because I love you (: )

-Krystal's Pov-

I sat up after waking up from my large nap. After realizing it was already night, I swung my legs over the bed and walked to the bathroom, squinting at the blinding light. I looked at myself in the mirror; I looked like a disaster.

My hair was a tangled mess. My face was pale and there were black circles under my eyes. My new black t-shirt was rumpled. I had gotten it from as prize at the festival. It had bright green letters that said "Lettuce Celebrate!" and a head of lettuce with a smiley face on the center. Amber had won it from a lettuce eating competition because I though it was cute.

I washed my face, trying to make myself feel better. I knew the reason behind my restlessness.

Amber.

The girl downstairs was no doubt Yiyun Liu and tomorrow, her life would be in danger from the Elites and possible soldiers heading their way here.

Tomorrow my long lost friend would die. Whether by my hands, or her own friends.

How could I do this?

I turned off the tap and switched off the light before I returned to my bedroom. Sitting on my bed examining my room with curious eyes was the exact person who had been invading my mind the whole day.

"A-Amber? What...what are you doing...in my room?" I stuttered.

She turned her head towards me an raised an eyebrow.

"You're not going to ask how I actually got in here?" She asked. I stared at her for a while, wondering what she was doing here. Realizing I wasn't going to answer, she answered her own question.

"The door was unlocked. I thought about knocking but I heard the tap running, so I thought you were awake." She said. She frowned, looking at me. "How mindless are you?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, snapping out of my daze.

"Yuri told me you wanted to talk to me." She said feeling my cold glare and changing the subject.

Should I tell her?

"It's...stupid." I muttered as I lessened my glare and looked at my fumbling hands. She stood up and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"Is it because of me? How I used to be a spy?" She asked. I stayed silent and looked at her lips. Away from her eyes.

"What? Do you think I'm going to kill you, now that you know that?" She joked.

'No.' I thought. 'I'm afraid of me. I'm afraid of the agency. Of what they'll do to me if I don't end your life.'

But I didn't say that.

"I'm scared Amber." I whimpered, my voice breaking. I mentally punished myself. I had never portrayed a weak image of myself to others. But I couldn't help it as Amber pulled me closer into a hug. I couldn't help it as I drove my face farther into her chest.

We stayed like that for a moment but then she suddenly pulled away.

"Come to the roof with me. I have something to tell you." She whispered.

"Is it a bad thing?" I asked, feeling a little bad since she pulled away first. She laughed.

"Depending on your point of view. What matters most is that I'll be happy with whatever your reaction will be."

"Dork." I muttered, forcing down a smile. She chuckled a bit and held my hand, which I immediately began to blush, and pulled me out of my apartment and to the roof.