Chapter 10

-Krystal's Pov-

I checked my watch and looked at the time.

"Four am." I muttered. "And she's still in there. Do you really want to die, Am?"

I looked back at the black cars parked carefully in the woods. No matter what I said, they wouldn't leave. They even got reinforcements. They were now waiting for my order to send them to the house.

My sister was still near the apartment complex, searching for Amber but I hoped that what that witness said was true.

I huffed, finally tired of waiting. I stood up from the bush I was hiding in and jumped from it.

"Miss Jung!" Someone called. I turned around swiftly, putting my index finger to my lips.

After I saw that the guy sagged with defeat, I turned back around and began to walk towards the house.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Silence.

I knocked again.

Silence.

I frowned. I pushed my finger on the doorbell. Still no response.

Annoyed, I stuck my finger on the doorbell longer.

Was no one home?

"Wow." I huffed. I stuck out my jaw, mad now. I slapped the door angrily, then rang the doorbell multiple times.

Just as my finger left the doorbell, the door flew open.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" The woman in front of me yelled.

Before I answered, I frowned as I looked at what she was wearing.

She had a black robe on but she might as well have had it off. It covered nothing but her arms and shoulder leaving her chest, her stomach, and her legs bare.

I scowled as I thought of Amber meeting this woman like this.

"Hello? You can't just barge into someone's home and just stand there!" She yelled.

"I didn't barge into your home." I said coldly, giving her the coldest glare. She raised an eyebrow at me, daring me.

"You barged into my property which is my home! What do you want?" She yelled angrily. I smiled because she lost her cool first.

"Where's Amber?" I asked. She suddenly calmed down and crossed her arms, smirking.

"I wouldn't know." She said.

"Yah! Don't you dare lie to me! Where is she?" I yelled. This time, I realized, I was the one who lost my cool.

"Who are you to her?" She asked, scanning me from head to toe.

"I should ask you that." I said, folding my arms and mimicking her.

"Don't you think that you should answer my question before I answer yours?" She asked. She was now leaning on the door frame.

I closes my eyes and exhaled, trying to calm down. This woman has nerve.

"I am Krystal Jung, Amber's girlfriend." I stated, making sure to open my eyes when I said the word girlfriend.

She started laughing.

"Wow." She chuckled, wiping a tear. "Is that the best lie you can make?"

Blood rose to my cheecks.

"Y-Yah!" I yelled. "Who do you think you are?"

"Amber's real girlfriend."

I paled and took a step back. My heart was beating irregularly.