Emma
The next morning we all arrive at the Bureau , I say" Layton ,West & Osborn ,they're gonna be joining us ,guys these are the BAU team ,Aaron Hotchner, David Rossi, Jennifer Jareau (JJ),Derek Morgan & Spencer Reid" they all say hi as we're gearing up , putting ear pieces in loading in the van's driving out to the place getting out to the van's , I'm handed bolt cutters cutting the chain setting the cutters down entering the building I call Penelope saying" cute the lights" she does & we all go towards the room but separate ways then I hear commotion so I follow it to a hall seeing Emily laying on the floor with a piece of wood in her stomach I run over saying "no no no, come on Em stay with me" I grab my radio saying" I need medic ASAP, Agent down" grabbing on to Emily's hand saying" squeeze my hand Em" I smile saying" that's it, I want you to know I'm always gonna be here for you when you need me , I'm proud to call you one of my best friends & that the team, My kids & I love you to death and would do anything for you" Emily smiles saying" thank you Emma, but what about Declan" I say "don't worry, Penelope's located him & he's safe" her grip starts lessening I say" Em no don't leave me" the medic's come & she's being taken to the hospital I say "I'm going with her in the Ambulance" they all nod & I climb in and we're off to the hospital getting there I go with them until we get to the door's where I can't enter , the doctor says" I'll keep you informed on her" I thank him going to the waiting room taking off everything pacing the room when 30 minutes later the team gets her & ask"anything" I shake my head saying" she's in surgery" Grayson runs to me hugging my waist I wrap my arms around him & the hours pass by until the doctor calls for Emily Prentiss, JJ gets up going over then goes over to tell Hotch but comes back to us & says" she never made it to the table" Grayson , Myself & everyone starts crying Grayson is the worst & I just hug him tighter with tears coming down my eyes Morgan comes over pulling us in a hug. The next day I help Grayson get ready for Emily's funeral which is a black suit so I help him into it & say " let me get ready & I'll do your hair" he nods looking down so I lift his chin saying " hey Em wouldn't want you to be sad about her death, she did what she had to do to protect everyone" he nods & I head into Morgan's & I's room grabbing my dress pulling of my clothes as Morgan comes behind me kissing my shoulders asking "how is he" I say " upset" getting in my dress ,curling my hair & putting my shoes on I go into Grayson's room seeing him holding something so I go in his room grabbing his jell saying"come on buddy" he gets on the bed I comb his hair into the position I want it asking " what's that bud" Grayson says" it's the drawing & I drew of Em and I , I thought I could lay it on the casket before they lower it" I say "that's a good idea bud" I jell up his hair walking down to see Morgan holding Ellie's carrier as Grayson holds my hand I grab my hand purse that has my lipstick & phone in it getting in the car it's silent & as soon as we get there I see the team hugging each of them when Grayson asks" mom can I go sit down" I say" go sit down in the front with Ellie , I'll be there as soon as the service starts" Grayson nods taking Ellie when I sigh dad comes up to me asking "how's he handling things" I shake my head saying"not we'll at all, he's been upset, I haven't seen him like this at all" dad says "poor kiddo" the Service starts so I sit down beside Grayson as soon as the team minus Penelope & I bring the basket out Grayson sobs into my side so I pull him into me hugging him as he cries into me & the priest says" if there's anyone who would like to say something ,now would be the time" I hand Grayson to Morgan walking up I say "as I stand looking out to the team,family the thing that comes to mind when I think of Emily was that she always had a way to make everyone here smile when they had a stormy day, Em & I grew so close together over the years she & I were on the BAU team only that team wasn't actually a team they were a family that each of us played a big role in the family, she became a sister to me & helped me with Grayson, Ellie & even handling Morgan so I paid her back by having her back during cases we went on & supporting her choices she made, she made me a better mom. I only told the BAU family this or they already knew but I didn't grow up with the classical single mom with 2 kids , I grew up with a single father named David Rossi yes the one & only BAU David Rossi home life wasn't easy at all I was trying to complete school but I got mixed in with lots of bad groups & he sent me to a boarding school where I shaped my life into something better & then went into the police academy in San Diego but then I attacked in my own house there so I was trying to get my house in order when my dad sent Mr.Derek Morgan to check on me & that night we packed my bag & the next morning we headed here to Quantico Virginia where I got into the police department but once again I was attacked in my job & lost a second father figure who was also the chief of police department which took a lot out me because I was beaten almost til I was unconscious then tased with my own weapons & was put in the hospital for several days but Penelope & Aaron helped me through that part then Aaron Offered me the job to join the BAU family and I accepted where I met JJ & Reid then months after Emily came but we were reluctant to let an outsider into the family but we all loved her & she was a part of our family, she & JJ helped me through Ellie's Pregnancy and she taught me how to be a caring mother when I did have a mother figure growing up, I'd like to think she'd want us to rejoice and not mourn for her because she did want what she did to protect us and everyone from her past" sitting down Grayson climbs into my lap nuzzling his head into my neck I hold him close while the service goes on longer & we go to Rossi's house after and have dinner we're all talking about our favorite memories of Emily , I tell them bye so I can put Grayson & Ellie in bed they all hug me & I put sleeping Grayson in the car then hook up Ellie's car seat getting in the driver's seat buckling up then driving home taking 2 hours 40 minutes pulling into the driveway parking the car getting out I garb my hand purse going into the backseat unbuckling Grayson saying" hope on my back bud" he wraps his arms around my neck so I boost him up shutting his door going to the Ellie's side.....