1. Friends or Maybe...

(Warning: ultra British references/ American confusion)

Henry POV 

"Bringggg Brinngggg!" I quickly shut off my alarm clock and threw my blankets to the side lazily. I groggily got out of bed and got up, I really couldn't be bothered with today well I couldn't be bothered with any day. Once I got up and decided to go into the shower, "HENRY ARE YOU UP YETT." my mum shouted upstairs. I rolled my eyes and ignored her and went to the bathroom. After my shower, I went to my wardrobe and pulled out a blue Adidas hoodie and a white shirt, I decided to throw on my grey joggers and walked downstairs. 

"Henry are you eating breakfast mum made blueberry pancake-" I cut him off and rolled my eyes "Shut up and no im not. I thought I told you not to talk to me worm." just at my last part mum walked into the corridor, "Don't be horrid Henry now wait for your brother." peter smirked at me. "But mum Ralphs walking with me, and he hates peter." I whined and glared at my brother, "I don't care, Henry, now peter go eat your breakfast, henry you too. 

I dragged my feet to the kitchen and sat down and started eating, then I got a text from Ralph.                 

Henry and Ralph~ private message

R- Hey where are you henry

H- ugh my mum made me eat breakfast and take peter :(

R- Ok im waiting outside your gate when you're ready

H- Klm 

Right see you in a min

H- bye

R- bye

I put my phone away and scoffed down the rest of my pancakes, "Hurry up peter Ralphs outside." I got up and walked over to the door. "WAIT henry!" he shouted after me, I put on my air force and walked out the door with my stupid brother behind me. I walked to the gate to Ralph.

I and Ralph go way back I actually can't remember a time where he hasn't been my friend. But ever since we started secondary school I've started to feel differently towards him, I can't pinpoint when it started  I've known him for years and always felt a different connection to him. 

Anyway im waffling I walked over to him, "What you sayin." he said and bro hugged me, "Nothing much you?" I said blushing like I always do. "Nothing either, why have you got Pete?" He sighed and looked at Peter who was hiding behind me.

Peter recently had always been shy around ralph, I don't know why. I mean he grew up a lot in the past few years. Ralph got a nose ring (after losing a bet with me ),  got taller than me somehow,  started wearing his hair more messily. Always, and I mean always wore a red Adidas trackie top and black bottoms. I think he looks sexy- wait what Nah that's so fruity, I need to stop.

"Mums forcing me. Anyway let go get this stupid bus, I don't need more nagging about pErFeCt pEtEr being late." I mocked and peter just stood there silently. Ralph burst out laughing and threw an arm around me, I blushed at how close he was. Once we got to the bus stop we sat down and started going on our phones, with peter sitting there still not saying anything. "Ai what college you gonna pick henry." Ralph said randomly, "Well I dunno." I said in a beefy Burt tone. He smiled which made me look down and shuffle my feet. "I guess im just annoyed that we have only one year to study and pick one like....year 11 sucks." He grumbled.

I nodded in agreement, "Yknow I can't be bothered with the school should we just dip?" He asked. Peter suddenly looked up and looked at me with a 'please-let-me-go-to-school-henry' look. I sighed, as much as I hate my little brother he does do good in school and I don't wanna ruin it for him. Plus my mum will shank me if I don't get him to school. "Nah I think I have a test today." I sighed and look at Ralph.

He rolled his eyes and slumped back. Peter sighed and kept glancing at Ralph, I rolled my eyes and waited for the bus to come.

The bus came and we went to school, when we got off peter immediately ran to the year 9 section waving to his friends. "At least he got in on time," Ralph said putting away his phone. "Yh but we didn't," I sighed and looked trudged towards the entrance.

The teacher outside the door stopped us from going in "What time do you think you're walking into school?" I looked at my watch and look back at the teacher "40 past 8 miss. And we not walking were dancing." I said and started doing ballet dancing. Ralph laughed and copied what I was doing both singing Lalala went past the teacher. The teacher chuckled and rolled her eyes and let us into school. We continued walking and laughing about the fact that we got away with it.

We got to our classroom and sat at the back in our usual seats ignoring the teacher, that was scolding us for being late.

Time skip

At the break we walked onto the playground, a group of girls walked past us waving at us and giggling. I rolled my eyes and so did Ralph, we walked round to the back of the school and sat down together. "Soooo you wanna dip yet," I asked him, he looked up from his phone and looked at me with his big brown eyes making me blush. "Nah." He said and put his arm around my shoulder.

Godheishotgodheishotgodheishot. I mentally slapped myself, I can't think these fruity thoughts about my best friend.

Ralph POV

I put my arm around Henry's shoulder trying to act natural but freaking out in my mind. I've always liked Henry and not in the best mate type of way, but never in a million years would he ever like me back. I was 100% sure he was straight, always looking at girls in our class and talking about how he would wanna shag a girl n stuff. (Gross hetero shit🤢jks)

"I-i gotta go." He stuttered and got up, "why what's wrong?" I asked and he didn't look at me and just walked away. I got up and walked up to him, "Hey Henry what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing im just hungry let's go get some lunch." He said and walked in front of me.

Time skip-

We sat at our usual lunch table and ate, but he wasn't speaking to me. "OK! what's up with you mate I can't take it anymore!" I half-shouted. He just got up and scraped his plate in the bin and came back over to me, "I can't tell you yet. But I will." He said and walked away leaving me shocked and confused.

The rest of the day he didn't speak to me. I was worried because he speaks to me about everything, had he realised I liked him and didn't wanna be mate anymore. This question swirled around my head all day making me so worried...
________________________________
Fun fact: I wrote this2 am 2 am with my best friend while watching horrid henry