The Calm Alway Comes Before-

Before this chapter starts, I just wanna say that y'all were getting hopeful Virgil had killed Maleficent, not Roman. You don't even know how much more of this book we got left to go! Enjoy your last non-violent chapter until the epilogue, suckers UwU

He failed.

But there was no incinerating fire. He hadn't died in screams, fire and pain. Roman risked opening his eyes. Yellow smoke was settling around him, he was a good distance away from the school. Suddenly, Patton enveloped him in a hug.

"Roman, you doofus!" He yelled. "You could've been killed!"

"Well, I wasn't," He mumbled in reply, blinking away a growing headache. "What the hell happened?"

Janus cleared his throat. "I saved your ass from getting burnt. I accidentally saved Ursula's', too, but she's currently freaking out over the fact Maleficent is gonna end her."

Roman frowned. "W-Wait, how did you save me?"

Remus grinned. "Jan found a loophole and trapped himself in his lamp after rubbing it and now he can grant his own wishes!" He said, all in one, very fast breath.

Roman blinked. "Wha?"

"That's not important at the moment," Logan interrupted. "What's important is that Maleficent must've wished for her magic over Virgil to be unbreakable by outside forces."

The recently rescued prince arched an eyebrow cautiously. "Outside forces?" He echoed.

"We can't do anything that will snap Virgil out of this," Logan explained. "But we could kill Maleficent and that, in theory, should free Virgil from hey hypnotism."

Janus stiffened. "Wait... In theory?"

Patton glanced up at Logan as the intellectual prince continued. "There is... Always a decent chance that... It could kill Virgil too, or give him severe brain damage."

"We're not doing that!" Remus and Roman chorused. Remus quickly glared at Roman. Roman backed down - inside, he was still very scared of the crazy Isle kid.

Janus balled his fists. "I'll be able to fix the brain damage. Anything else would be beyond my power."

Patton, who looked rather pale, managed a frown. "I thought you didn't follow the rules because you're a half-genie."

"No," Janus replied. "No genie can bring someone back from the dead. We can't make people fall in love either. That's not something any of us can do."

Remus looked stunned. "You're not gonna do this, right, Jan?" The half-genie didn't reply and Remus grew frantic. "Janus? Deceit? JJ? Double Dee? Snakey?" When his friend didn't reply to any of the desperate nicknames Remus was pouring out, Ursula's' son whitened and sagged slightly. His head dropped to face the ground and Janus responded.

He stepped forwards and kissed Remus's' forehead. "It'll be fine."

"If our family dies, I'm killing you next," Remus mumbled softly.

Janus smiled weakly. "I'll be okay with that."

"We don't have much time, you two," Logan said, staring off into the distance of the burning school. The dragon was smacking it down to no more than rubble with his tail. "We need to act fast if we want anything left of Auradon."

Patton perked up. "What we need is a distraction."

Logan almost smirked as he looked over to Ursula. The villain had been watching them all while trapped in Janus's' yellow mist and her purple-blue skin paled when Logan said, "I think I've got one."