Chapter-1: History Exam

Little ghost spirits were flying around the figure that was floating in the air. The spirits were looking like multicolor gas balls, circling the handsome person. It was a spectacular sight to witness.

The white cloak of the man was floating in the air, dancing with the flow of magical vibes emitting from him. The cultivation powers of that man couldn't be rendered as simple magic tricks. It could blow a full man army of any dynasty.

THAT'S what Elon had imagined studying when he had chosen the "Chinese History" class. Elon Blacksmith is a second-year university student and couldn't remember the purpose of choosing this absolute rubbish class anymore!

Tomorrow is the Chinese History exam and he had been cramming these dates from the past two hours to no vail. Not even a bit of spicy details could be found in the pile of dates these hundreds of books offered here.

It was a shame that Elon couldn't do anything about this. Tomorrow is the exam and he had to prepare for it, whether he likes it or not!

Thinking that Elon again drowned himself in the pile of books. After several more hours, he could finally feel a sense of security that he will at least pass the paper. But he still couldn't help but curse teachers for their insight in making course content. What was the actual advantage of cramming the dates when wars had erupted and all?!

Moreover, why this pompous brat had to die so soon after descending the throne, adding another date to remember of the crowing of the new emperor-- well, an empress to be exact.

This stirred Elon's interest and he paid more interest in this emperor's information written on the page. He was the fourth Tang Emperor and was descended to the throne by performing infinite conspiracies and mass murdering. He was murdered after only six months of ruling and with that, the last royal member of Tang Imperial Family, Tang Yu Xiao, who was the daughter of Imperial Queen, was crowned as the Empress and the first crowned Empress in the history of Chinese Dynasty.

Tang Yu Xiao and her lover, whose name has not been mentioned, assassinated the emperor, Tang Li Jie, to free the nation from his cruelty and vicious policies.

But after that part came to the stop. From there onward, all was written about dates of wars that the fifth Empress of the Tang family did with her lover.

Lover? Huh! Such an inconvenience for her to not marry him during her reign.

Elon thought bitterly before checking the time as he had seen the dark sky from the window. It was past seven now. He didn't realize the fast pace of time at all. He was so engrossed in the history of the Tang dynasty.

Elon got up and stretched his back for a bit as he could hear some cracks from unknown joints of his body. He was really tired after sitting and studying all day. He just wanted to have a warm shower before snuggling under the thin sheets that couldn't warm him up at the least in the coldness of November.

Elon reminisced in his mind, thinking about the unpleasant sight he would have to endure once he reaches home while walking the path to his home.

The cold breeze combed his ash brown hair as his emerald eyes misted in the freezing fog. He stuffed his hands in the jeans pocket, a failed attempted to warm his hands.

Fortunately, the walk to home wasn't that long, or else he would have become a popsicle when he reached home.

Home...

The word caused a bitter feeling to grow in his heart as he remembered how truly he hated his parents fighting. When was all this start? Oh, yes! When he was freaking four years old!