Chapter 4: The Invitation

4. The Invitation

I've never felt more embarrassed and humiliated in my natural-born life. But somehow I feel like the butt of everyone's joke, nor I feel like being treated like a subject from a history test book based on some's own opinion.  I don't blame Stacy for what she said about me as the poor innocent victim of a cowardly breakup, although I've never told anyone about it unless you have a Facebook account and sooner or later it spreads around like wildfire. But it was wrong of her to include me in one of her arguments and that what really puts me in a foul mood. I should have never come to school because I know something like this would happen. 

Even though I'm 20-years-old, born with a blood disorder called Sickle-Cell Anemia, and with the height of a petite person, I wish a lot of people don't take pity on me because of the way I am. I feel like a burden not just to everyone but to myself.

12:47 pm...at the Student Lounge

Escaping to the Student Lounge was a frisky mood, to get away from the chaos that's going on in the Dining Hall, but it's better to be away from someone who was once your rival but now your worst enemy. 

And yes, I'm talking about Roselia Carina Claudean. Because I know she's going try to get her politician of a father to involve, not to mention some expensive and powerful lawyer. I don't she's human at all.

Money Talks, when it comes from the words of a narcissistic, self-entitled girl who could have everything wrapped around her little finger. Even her fingernails are perfect, hence she got her nails done in a coat of arctic-cold blue nail polish, with snowflakes applied with ice crystals.

She's so entitled to everything, that no one at St.Beatrice is spared from her wrath. Although, I'll admit that I don't talk to her that much nor interact with her. But based on the rumors, all I know is that based on rumors and school gossip, Roselia is known to be a heart-breaker because of the number of guys she dated since freshman year. And if she doesn't get her way, or if anyone dared to cross her path, you paid the price in the worse possible way.

Away from the elegance and grandeur of St.Beatrice's Dining Hall, the Student Lounge has a much different atmosphere. Despite the many changes it went through over the years the Student lounge is still the same as it's always been, a room with its large vinyl double pane windows, a dark-green carpet floor, a wall color of icy blue with white trim. The lounge also has its own bulletin board, some couches and recliners, 3 flat-screen T.Vs, and some tables and chairs. There's also an area, of fully equipped computers on long curvy table high chairs. 

Plus the lounge is fully air-conditioned, so whenever you enter the student lounge you feel like you're in a blizzard. It has a really cold icy feeling, when you go inside there but you get used to it, I mean it only happens in spring. And I forgot to mention that there are only 2 student lounges, one located on the first floor which is across the hall from the Dining Hall is. And a second one upstairs on the second floor by the computer lab. Amber, Amy, and I are in the student lounge located on the first floor since the first floor has 2 double glass doors that are the exit to the courtyard.