Timing: Steve Rogers

Imagine: Steve has always had bad timing

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey." Steve sighed. "I don't exactly know what to say but I need to get this off my chest." He sighed. "I like you." He admitted. "I've had a huge crush on you ever since we were kids." He said. "I remember when we first met." He remeinenced.

You ran through the streets of Brooklynn trying to catch up to your brothers who left without you. "Damien, Joshua, wait up!" You shouted. Your brothers stopped and looked at you. "C'mon (Y/N). Go somewhere else. You just a girl you can't play with us." Damien said. Steve and Bucky who were meeting up with your brothers decided to watch this interaction. "I can run faster, spit farther, and jump higer than any boy in this town ever could." You said.

"Prove it." Bucky said. "How about we have a competition to see who's the fastest." He offered. "Your on." You said. "A bunch of people lined up for the race. "Start at the theatre, end at the diner. Loser buys lunch." Joshua said. "How many people are racing?" You asked. About 5 other boys raised their hands. "Alright." You said. Steve went in the middle to start the race since he wasn't racing.

"3...2...1...GO." Steve said. And all of y'all ran. The crowd followed. All the boys ran the long way you cut through the alley and that but you in first place about 10 feet from the diner. Bucky was right behind you. You reached the diner first. Your brother Joshua ended up being last. "I told you I was faster." You said. "And now you owe us lunch." Bucky said. Your brother sighed. "Fine." He said. Y'all cheered and went in the diner. You sat at a table and bucky and steve came and sat in front of you.

"Hi. You did good racing." Bucky said. "You too I guess." You said. "I'm bucky." He introduced. "I'm (Y/N)." You said. "That's my friend Steve." Bucky said pointing to Steve. "You ure showed those boys." Steve said. "They're my brothers. I guess growing up with boys taught me how to be less girly." You said. "You wanna play at my house tomorrow?" Steve asked. "Sure." You said. "Be there by noon." Bucky said.

"You smoked all of them." Steve cuckled. "Kinda wish I'd have raced with you." He muttered. "I remember every time I ever went to ask you out you had a boyfriend." Steve said. "And then when I finally got the chance I joined the army. I finally got my muscles and strength to be the perfect man for you and then I got discharged." Steve said. 

"I uh...brought you roses. They were your favorite." He said holding up the bouqet. "I wonder how you adjusted to all this new technology. I barely understand it." Steve chuckled. "I remember before I went in the ice the last thing i thought of was how I'll never get to tell you how I feel. Here I am, doing it anyway." Steve said.

"I wonder if you'd have said yes if I had asked sooner. Maybe." Steve shrugged. "I'll never know though." Steve said. He looked down at the stone in front of him. (Y/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N). (Y/B/D)/1918 - 12/30/2007. Cherished Mother, Auntie, and Friend. Steve placed the flowers on your grave stone and stood in front of it as if looking at you  for the last time.

"I guess timing was never on my side."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Don't kill me :)