TWO

little wolf
two, the beginning

little wolftwo, the beginning

The last few days I had been making sure I had a meal a day at Rousseau's, normally while I planned for the future. I had been 'asking around' about my family as far as Jane-Ann knew.

"Third time in here this week." I heard Jane-Ann say. I had been waiting to hear this line for the past week, it was time. It was finally starting.

"I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Ann." That was true, it was absolutely delicious.

Jane-Ann grinned. "The old ladies at the ninth ward say my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

Sophie made amazing gumbo, and if she wasn't plotting my kidnapping right now, I'd probably praise her for it. Eh screw it. "Those old ladies are right, Jane-Ann." I smiled up at her. Time to talk about my good old family. "I asked around the quarter about my family."

"And?" She pressed.

"Absolutely nothing," I told her. "I can't find a single person who remembers them." That was true, but mainly because I didn't ask. There was no point when I already knew what I needed to.

"Because, Hayley, people like you were run out of here years ago." She told me.

"What do you mean 'people like me'?." Why can't the witches just kidnap me now? I'd been worked up every day waiting for Jane-Ann to say what she did so I knew it was finally starting. This conversation just needed to go by quickly. Jane-Anne walked around the bar to the other side to stand beside me. I glance up and see Sophie staring at us. Jane-Anne set a map on the bar.

"In the bayou, they call the werewolves "Roux-Ga-Roux". She told me as she circled a point on the map. "You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for. Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go."

I stood up taking the map, nodding at her with a smile before leaving the bar. Off to waste some time while I await my kidnapping.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I had actually driven down to the bayou. I really didn't want to, but you know, for the sake of the plot I did. As I arrived, I reached over and grabbed the map from the dashboard. Like it was supposed to, the map lit up in flames as I went to open it. I threw it out in front of me as I opened the car door. "Bloody witches."

I took my phone out, feigning a call.
"Hey, I'm looking for a tow service?"

The phone produces an ear-piercing noise. I pulled it away from her ear, grimacing in discomfort, throwing it on the ground and covering my ears. Sensitive werewolf hearing, I guess. Out of the corner of my eye, I see shadowy figures begin approaching me, emerging from the trees. I groaned lowly as they come closer, knowing what was coming. I felt someone, Sophie, coming closer to me as I started to fall, promptly passing out.