invitation.

Shirin could feel the four men behind her staring at the back of her head once the King yelled the word traitor. Shirin was only a young girl who seemed very amiable and mature, even if she was very distant, at least that's what they thought. The mere thought of such a girl, who seemed relatively harmless, being deemed a traitor made them wonder, what in the hell did she do? Of course she ran away from the palace, but it had to be more than that.

Shirin didn't respond to her father's words, she knew better than to speak against the King, but also knew that his words and accusations was purely nonsense. "Guards, Apprehend the metal vessel so it can be taken back to its rightful owners." The King called out, and the two guards nodded.

"No!" Shirin calls out, as one guard quickly rips the hairpin out of her hair, unraveling her bun and the braid wrapped around it, while also ripping out a few hairs. She reaches for it, but is too late as the hairpin is tossed to the King. Shirin's disobedience is met with apprehension, as each guard grabs one of her hands and pulling them upwards and placing their other hand on her back, pushing her downward. Shirin grunts in pain due to her body being pulled and pushed at the same time. "You act like I wanted the power of the djinn! All I wanted was to be treated like a person!" Shirin yelled out.

"First you take the djinn's power for yourself, injure your eldest brother, run away from home and now you talk back to me? I thought you would be more obedient by now." He calmly says, sitting down and eyeing the hairpin.

"I told you the djinn choose me! I never wanted any of this!" Shirin chokes out, eyeing watering at the pain of the guards slightly twisting her arms.

"All that matters is that the heir will have the metal vessel, and that you will be punished for your acts of treason."

The four men that brought Shirin back home sat in silence in appall to what was happening. When they first came to the palace a few days ago, the King was very cordial and accepting of the men. This wasn't something they thought they would be apart of.  It was a almost creepy spectacle for them to watch. Sinbad especially felt guilty, as he pleaded her to go back for the benefit of his company, while not thinking of what would happen to her. At the time he didn't even ask why she didn't want to go back. He didn't take her feelings into account.

"As for you Sinbad," The King spoke out, Sinbad perking up at the mention of his name, "I appreciate your thoroughness of the job I gave you. In the morning we can discuss the conditions of the trade agreement. For now you may-"

"I do not wish to be rude, your Majesty," Sinbad spoke out, the King raising his eyebrow at his interruption, "But I believe you do not understand how metal vessels work. The djinn will remain bound to who conquered the dungeon, meaning that no one else can use the power of the djinn." He explained, standing up and looking the King in the eyes, the both of them giving each other a sharp glance.

"Unless we kill her, dungeon conquerer Sinbad?" The King responded, looking down on Sinbad and the others, Shirin sniffling yet staying unresponsive to the threat. The King had nothing in his eyes, no emotion, remorse, it didn't even look like he was thinking. Sinbad didn't respond, as the King was right. If they did kill her, the dungeon would most likely appear again eventually, and be free for the taking. Sinbad remained quiet, the King taking his statement as the truth. "It's as I thought. Then death will be the punishment for your treason, child." His voice echoing throughout the grand room.

Shirin shuffles, staring straight down at the ground as her last tear rolls down her face and into the red rug. A thousand thoughts go through her head, why did I agree to go with them? Why did I stay in my home country? Why did everything seem to curse me? Why was I born into this? Why was I forced into this? Why am I so unlucky? Why me? Why? She closed her eyes, awaiting a response from anyone or anything. Just something to quiet her mind.