Trust

Alrighty! New chapter here, and with new characters as well. Enjoy!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

***Forest***

Hours had passed. The sun was up in the sky, but not too high, so it wasn't noon yet.

Cornelius laid on a branch and took in the beauty of the sky and the clouds passing by. It was so peaceful. If only his father were here to see it.

He remembered one day when his father took him and his brother out to show him this.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

[FLASHBACK]

Three Years Ago

***Ape Home, Muir Woods***

It was up at the top of trees that Caesar liked to sit to look at the view around him.

Now, he sat on a branch next to his older son, Blue Eyes. And in his arms was his little brother, Cornelius.

'It is so peaceful up here.' Blue Eyes signed, smiling at the view.

"Yes." Caesar replied, speaking his words. "It is..beautiful."

Cornelius, from his brother's arms looked out at the beautiful sight of the treetops and the mist that was about them. Then there was the clouds above with the bits of blue sky behind them with the sun peeking through. Lastly, the light breeze that went through their hair felt so cooling. All of these combined together made this moment wonderful to be in.

And even though they were bothered with having to prepare for war with the soldiers that were on the way, Caesar was glad that he could have this moment with his sons.

He remembered the times he spent climbing in the Red Woods ten years ago. Before the ape revolution, when he...when he still lived with humans. With his adoptive grandfather, Charles and his adoptive parents, Caroline....and Will Rodman. He did miss them. He missed them dearly. But now, the moments he spent with them, he could now spend with his own family. And show his children the beauties that can be seen if a moment is taken to enjoy them.

It certainly made Blue Eyes smile. Sure, he and his father didn't have the best relationship years ago. But after the whole thing that happened with Koba and the near loss of his father, the two were much more closer now. And he was happy that his father showed him this.

As for Cornelius, he was still young, but he did like the feeling of the breeze this high up. And though he didn't know it yet, in the future, he'd always love the moments spent with his father and older brother. Always.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A tear escaped from Cornelius' eye as he remembered those times. He really missed both his father and his brother. Especially his father.

Cornelius often thought about his father. And humans. The only one he really knew was Nova. But she was his friend, a sister-like figure to him. She was of no danger to them. But he did know that there was also those of humans who were bad. Evil. The apes had had their encounters with those kind in the past, but that was in the past now.