Reflection

Just a sidenote before we begin, I should probably let you know the cast that are playing the characters.

Jacob Tremblay as Cornelius

Millie Davis as Zira

Keith L. Williams as Brick

Jason Maybaum as Virgil

That is all of the new cast. Or all that I'm gonna reveal at the moment. ;) And as far as the returning characters go, we've got a lot of the main cast returning as well.

Andy Serkis as Caesar(flashbacks/dreams)

Karin Konoval as Maurice

Terry Notary as Rocket

Sara Canning as Lake

Steve Zahn as Bad Ape

and Amiah Miller as Nova.

So that's who we've got for the cast, that way you guys can have a bit of an idea of the characters and their voices as apes. Now that that's taken care of, enjoy this chapter!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

***Oasis***

More light from the sky came to their faces as the group emerged from the forest and walked into the village with Cornelius in front.

The village was alive with hoots and pants as the apes had gone about their daily lives. As they did though, they noticed the ape prince and all came running before making a path for him and his friends, bowing and holding their hands out in the supplicating gesture.

Cornelius smiled at his people, noticing the smiles they had as well. He lifted his hands on either side of him, tracing it down their palms as he walked down the path they had made. One of the apes, one he knew very well, was his honorary uncle, Maurice. That wise old orangutan looked at his late best friend's son with a prideful smile.

Seeing Cornelius grow within the past few years, really, it brought tears to his eyes. He was really proud of how well Cornelius had grown, matured, and led them. Even despite his age, there was a measure of humility within him. Though it wasn't easy to do it on his own, the ape prince had Maurice to help him. Plus he also had Rocket. Rocket! Now, there was another ape who shared the same thoughts and emotions about Cornelius as well. Just not the tears part..... okay, maybe a little. Rocket did get a bit heavy-hearted when it came to Caesar. That was his friend. His comrade. His brother. And yet, even though he was gone, his legacy still lived on thanks to his son.

Rocket really admired how much like his father Cornelius was. Always caring for others. Making sure the tribe was prospering even though he was still young and had personal problems to deal with. Yes, just like his father.

When Cornelius came past him, a smile came to his face. After he traced his palm, Rocket gave the young ape a thumbs up, something he'd picked up from Bad Ape.

Cornelius had learned it too. And he smiled too and gave Rocket one back before continuing on. Yeah, Rocket was definitely proud of that young ape. And he knew Caesar would be too.

As he neared the end of the path, Cornelius saw another familiar face. Not too far away, Lake watched as the young ape coming closer. Seeing him do so reminded her of his father when his had done it many a time before.

All the other apes having dispersed and gone back to wha they were doing, he said bye to his friends. Hugging and signing before they too left.

Nova and Bad Ape went with Maurice to the learning center so that Maurice could prepare to teach the younglings their lessons for the day. Brick went off with Virgil to his home before their classes. Zira would have to go there soon as well, but went home to her mother and father first.